+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kevin Gilbride discusses Hakeem Nicks, running backs, more

Kevin Gilbride discusses Hakeem Nicks, running backs, more

http://www.bigblueview.com/giants-vs...-rueben-randle

Excerpt: "
    With a game against the Cleveland Browns coming up on Sunday, the New York Giants are without their star wide receiver Hakeem Nicks for the third week in a row. Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride has guys like Victor Cruz and Domenik Hixon to pick up the pieces, but there are other aspects Nicks brings besides his play on the field.

"You're losing a football player who's not only extremely important to what you do, he's invaluable just in terms of his leadership and his ability in the bigger moment to make the bigger play, so you lose that and you know that you're not going to make it up with one guy," said Gilbride. "What you hope is collectively the rest of everybody will contribute enough that you can make up for his absence to enough of a degree that you win the game. That's what you're looking for."Aside from Nicks' injury, Ramses Barden suffered a concussion last week against the Philadelphia Eagles and will not play.

That leaves the Giants with the rookie Rueben Randle, whose work ethic was called into question by NBC broadcaster Cris Collinsworth earlier in the week. Gilbride reminds everyone that Randle is young and he's improving." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Next Man Up! Rueben Randle

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    He will be on the big stage tomorrow
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    I will admit I was not to happy to hear about the work ethic stuff, but I liked when he was picked and I hope he has a good game tomorrow.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 10-06-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I will admit I was not to happy to hear about the work ethic stuff, but I liked when he was picked and I hope he has a good game tomorrow.
    We all share that hope

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    He'll have his chance to shut everyone up tomorrow.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    He'll have his chance to shut everyone up tomorrow.
    Here's hoping

I wonder if Collinsworth realized when he said that about Randall how much media crap Randall have to put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I wonder if Collinsworth realized when he said that about Randall how much media crap Randall have to put up with.
    If it's true, as much as he deserves....

+ Reply to Thread