+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giants' Cover 2 defense has become the "cover who" defense

In perspective, last game we gave up less than 20 points i think it was. A defense that can hold any team to under 20 should equate to a very successful team.

Its our offense that has failed to put up points consistently (except for Carolina) that is really hurting us. Badly.

injuries make them more of a cover 2 team, they were really more of a cover 1/cover 3 team when they have all their DBs healthy.

After KP went down they reverted to more Cover 2.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    injuries make them more of a cover 2 team, they were really more of a cover 1/cover 3 team when they have all their DBs healthy.

After KP went down they reverted to more Cover 2.
    Which is to say, I hope our coaches are making scheme decisions based on personel.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's now being reported Sash will not play by Jenny Vrentas (sp). On phone can't provide link.
    Probably a day late and dollar short:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...sash-vs-browns

My thinking on this is that the Giants want to see what they have in their back up to the back up safeties before they make a decision. We'll probably see a dose of Will Hill too. That way, come Monday when TC and crew need to make a decision on who to get rid of to make room for Sash it could be a safety for safety deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Which is to say, I hope our coaches are making scheme decisions based on personel.
    It sucks not being able to get pressure because coverage lacks and not being able to maintain coverage because pressure lacks. We are in a catch 22 defense apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This part of the puzzle just mystifies me. Tuck, Osi, JPP all healthy and yet...
    Tuck's fire is gone. Osi should be playing for his money surprised how ineffective he has been

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    In perspective, last game we gave up less than 20 points i think it was. A defense that can hold any team to under 20 should equate to a very successful team.

Its our offense that has failed to put up points consistently (except for Carolina) that is really hurting us. Badly.
    That pick in the end zone really hurt us. 300 yards out of Eli and only 17 points to show for it...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    That pick in the end zone really hurt us. 300 yards out of Eli and only 17 points to show for it...

Had that not happened, we'd like have won. I'm not laying it at Eli's feet as there were enough mistakes all around. But that play and the ill-placed pass to Barden not happened......
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post

Exactly!

The defense hasn't been anything to brag about, but they played well enough to win against the Eagles, even with all the injuries. The offense on the other hand, did not. putting up yards is great, but if the yards don't translate into touchdowns, it doesn't accomplish much. We have seen too many games already this year where the offense doesn't wake up until the second half, you aren't going to win many games when you spot your opponent 30 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread