+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Are New York Giants' fans tapping out already?

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/06/...g-out-already/

Excerpt: "There is absolutely no doubt that upon entering the 2012 NFL Season, New York Giants fans had set a high bar: Repeat. There is nothing wrong with that as Head Coach Tom Coughlin wanted to build on the strengths of how 2011 closed and the word continuity has been uttered more than fail has.

The concern at hand when setting sights so high is frustration can arrive faster than a waiver claim for a fantasy sleeper on a Sunday evening. Oh, that and some fans tend to seriously lose any ability to approach a situation with rational thought. Humor isn’t even close to being used and absurd and unfounded comments come through lips that usually part to scream pro-team clichés. Week 4’s painful loss to another division rival (the Philadelphia Eagles) created some ugly ogres – either that or Mr. Hyde came out early from many." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Thank goodness we don't see any evidence of that around here
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

History is against the Giants to repeat. It just normally doesnt happen. While I want them to win every game I hold little hope at winning the SB this season. Not because I dont think they can but I am taking one game at a time knowing winning back to back SBs is an extremely hard thing to do. Its hard enough being a Giants fan week to week without putting the added pressure on myself thinking they "have" to reach and win the SB...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    History is against the Giants to repeat. It just normally doesnt happen. While I want them to win every game I hold little hope at winning the SB this season. Not because I dont think they can but I am taking one game at a time knowing winning back to back SBs is an extremely hard thing to do. Its hard enough being a Giants fan week to week without putting the added pressure on myself thinking they "have" to reach and win the SB...
    They have to play better than they have been, that's for sure. It is clearly an uphill battle to get into the Super Bowl two years in a row, let alone win it.

Do I expect us to repeat? Not in today's NFL.

Do I want the Giants to stop this "playing down to the competition" BS instead of making an obvious scrub team like the Eagles look like the freaking all-pro team? YES. STOP THIS...

Unfortunately,. that seems to be as much a part of the team's makeup as the Mara family.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-06-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/06/...g-out-already/

Excerpt: "There is absolutely no doubt that upon entering the 2012 NFL Season, New York Giants fans had set a high bar: Repeat. There is nothing wrong with that as Head Coach Tom Coughlin wanted to build on the strengths of how 2011 closed and the word continuity has been uttered more than fail has.

The concern at hand when setting sights so high is frustration can arrive faster than a waiver claim for a fantasy sleeper on a Sunday evening. Oh, that and some fans tend to seriously lose any ability to approach a situation with rational thought. Humor isn’t even close to being used and absurd and unfounded comments come through lips that usually part to scream pro-team clichés. Week 4’s painful loss to another division rival (the Philadelphia Eagles) created some ugly ogres – either that or Mr. Hyde came out early from many." Read more...
    I think many fans, including myself, were frustrated after the Philly loss.

I can speak only for myself, but I have never thrown in the towel on this team. That's alot different than *****ing and moaning about the team.....something I'll admit I do alot after a loss.

But that's only because of how much I love the G-Men. Of all the teams I root for, the Giants are the top of my list.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I can speak only for myself, but I have never thrown in the towel on this team. That's alot different than *****ing and moaning about the team.....something I'll admit I do alot after a loss.

But that's only because of how much I love the G-Men. Of all the teams I root for, the Giants are the top of my list.
    This. I want the TEAM to win, and that means putting the best men we have out there and having them all play their best. If everyone played 100%, every unit we have except the O-line would be the best of their respective units across the NFL. But they don't, the TEAM suffers, and the Eagles look like they're worth a damn instead of the classless baseless organization that they really are...

All-Pro
    It is extremely hard to repeat, but one team does it just about every decade. In the 70's It was the Steelers, the 80's the 49ers, the 90's it was Dallas, and to start the new millennium it was the Patriots. Still hoping the Giants could be that team in the 10's. Injuries are always a concern and they happen to every team but its ridiculous. They have 1 proven DT healthy and playing tomorrow, both starting Safeties are hurting, they don't have a single 100% healthy CB, 2 MLB's hurting, the WR group went from what I thought was the best in the NFL to extremely thin, and the OL that is not very good to begin with is all banged up now. If they do repeat Eli better be the MVP. He has a bad OL, no running game, and he has a new WR to throw at every week.

This. I want the TEAM to win, and that means putting the best men we have out there and having them all play their best. If everyone was healthy and played 100%, every unit we have except the O-line would be the best of their respective units across the NFL. But they don't, the TEAM suffers, and the Eagles look like they're worth a damn instead of the classless baseless organization that they really are... Their only true talent on that team is McCoy, and yet they walk all over us in the second half...

I think many fans, including myself, were frustrated after the Philly loss.

Come into the game day thread once and don't step in front of the path to the cliff at the first miscue.