+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Are New York Giants' fans tapping out already?

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/06/...g-out-already/

Excerpt: "There is absolutely no doubt that upon entering the 2012 NFL Season, New York Giants fans had set a high bar: Repeat. There is nothing wrong with that as Head Coach Tom Coughlin wanted to build on the strengths of how 2011 closed and the word continuity has been uttered more than fail has.

The concern at hand when setting sights so high is frustration can arrive faster than a waiver claim for a fantasy sleeper on a Sunday evening. Oh, that and some fans tend to seriously lose any ability to approach a situation with rational thought. Humor isn’t even close to being used and absurd and unfounded comments come through lips that usually part to scream pro-team clichés. Week 4’s painful loss to another division rival (the Philadelphia Eagles) created some ugly ogres – either that or Mr. Hyde came out early from many." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Thank goodness we don't see any evidence of that around here
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Agreed!
    Giants fan since '58

I know these giants all too well. Until we are elimated from playoff contention, I will be on board. This team plays their best football with their back against the wall, unfortunately.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I've been a Giants fan far too long to worry about a few losses or even a bad year. Remember my first 11 years as a fan, we didn't make the playoffs.

History is against the Giants to repeat. It just normally doesnt happen. While I want them to win every game I hold little hope at winning the SB this season. Not because I dont think they can but I am taking one game at a time knowing winning back to back SBs is an extremely hard thing to do. Its hard enough being a Giants fan week to week without putting the added pressure on myself thinking they "have" to reach and win the SB...
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    History is against the Giants to repeat. It just normally doesnt happen. While I want them to win every game I hold little hope at winning the SB this season. Not because I dont think they can but I am taking one game at a time knowing winning back to back SBs is an extremely hard thing to do. Its hard enough being a Giants fan week to week without putting the added pressure on myself thinking they "have" to reach and win the SB...
    They have to play better than they have been, that's for sure. It is clearly an uphill battle to get into the Super Bowl two years in a row, let alone win it.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Yet isn't as rare as some around here think... In 46 Super Bowls there have been around a dozen teams who have repeated, an average of 2.5 times per decade.

Why not us?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Yet isn't as rare as some around here think... In 46 Super Bowls there have been around a dozen teams who have repeated, an average of 2.5 times per decade.

Why not us?
    I'm with you

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post

Why not us?
    I agree they can make a go is and have the peices to do it. But after 9-7 season and even at 2.5 perdecade like you said its still a tall order.
    I go game by game anf if the get into the playoffs then it becomes a new season.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch