+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are New York Giants' fans tapping out already?

It certainly doesn't apply to me as I would watch the likes of Danny Kannell and Dave Brown play fully knowing that the team is not going anywhere.

As for this team and my expectations, I didn't really automatically expect them to repeat, because of their regular season was hardly a dominant one. What I did expect was to have a winning record and make the playoffs.

How they came out in the season opener vs. Dallas sure was deflating, and seeing how bad Dallas really is, it feels worse now.
    But I think it's too early to judge this team and where they really belong even if they lose to Browns. I would say everything will be clear by the week 11 bye week. Giants would be either making a final push for a playoff spot, or looking ahead to the 2013 draft.

Tapping out is for wussies.

However, the most frustrating thing is seeing teams we SHOULD beat roll all over us, and then they go back to sucking the next week.
    Why do we always make bad teams look good? So frustrating.

Pretty dumb article
    No one remembers who came in second.

Sure Sunday evenings loss was very frustrating especially for me when I consider we already had a 44 yd FG lines up so I expected to see a run to get hopeully another 4-5 yards. I was very surprised to see us go long down the sidelines. Enough of that...

Last year taught me a valuable lesson about the G Men. Never give up on them within reason and after 4 games any Giant fan giving up or being too critical of the Giants just hasn't acuquired any wisdom about the NY Giants. We will be fine, sure we have lost 7 or 8 of 9 against Philly but as one Eagle fan wrote in the NY Daily I would trade that record for 2 SB's in 5 years any day of the week.

i like the article, but i dislike how the author attributes the negative qualities to newer fans, as if the old school fans get a pass. well i've found that any sort of fan, old or young, can let their emotions get the better of them. while I admit the older fans generally have a higher threshold of tough times, lets not pretend like we haven't seen old school fans here act...a bit, well, overdramatic? melodramatic? cant find the right word...

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Come into the game day thread once and don't step in front of the path to the cliff at the first miscue.
    LOL......on gameday, I'm a bundle of nerves when I watch the team. And when they lose, I need some time to just mellow out. So I usually don't post here until at least a day later after a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    It certainly doesn't apply to me as I would watch the likes of Danny Kannell and Dave Brown play fully knowing that the team is not going anywhere.

As for this team and my expectations, I didn't really automatically expect them to repeat, because of their regular season was hardly a dominant one. What I did expect was to have a winning record and make the playoffs.

How they came out in the season opener vs. Dallas sure was deflating, and seeing how bad Dallas really is, it feels worse now.
    But I think it's too early to judge this team and where they really belong even if they lose to Browns. I would say everything will be clear by the week 11 bye week. Giants would be either making a final push for a playoff spot, or looking ahead to the 2013 draft.
    Great point.....any Giants fan who survived the Dave Brown Era (or "Error") can never be accused of tapping out.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i like the article, but i dislike how the author attributes the negative qualities to newer fans, as if the old school fans get a pass. well i've found that any sort of fan, old or young, can let their emotions get the better of them. while I admit the older fans generally have a higher threshold of tough times, lets not pretend like we haven't seen old school fans here act...a bit, well, overdramatic? melodramatic? cant find the right word...
    Exactly. I was waiting for Jen to move on to how those dang kids never get off her front lawn or how she doesn't understand music these days.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Well, you nailed it. I think it's a dumb article because it starts with artificial an premise which isn't close to the truth. There are old school pessimists and new school pessimists. And there are people who panic all the time. I think, as a group, we are reacting about as expected given our 2-2 record and a couple of disappointing division losses. Go Blue!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    LOL......on gameday, I'm a bundle of nerves when I watch the team. And when they lose, I need some time to just mellow out. So I usually don't post here until at least a day later after a loss.
    That is normal, we all do that. It has nothing to do with one's chronological age.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

+ Reply to Thread