+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Are New York Giants' fans tapping out already?

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Great point.....any Giants fan who survived the Dave Brown Era (or "Error") can never be accused of tapping out.
    and those were even the worst days at all.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Yet isn't as rare as some around here think... In 46 Super Bowls there have been around a dozen teams who have repeated, an average of 2.5 times per decade.

Why not us?
    I agree they can make a go is and have the peices to do it. But after 9-7 season and even at 2.5 perdecade like you said its still a tall order.
    I go game by game anf if the get into the playoffs then it becomes a new season.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I agree they can make a go is and have the peices to do it. But after 9-7 season and even at 2.5 perdecade like you said its still a tall order.
    I go game by game anf if the get into the playoffs then it becomes a new season.
    Tall order, that's why we have Ramses Barden
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Tall order, that's why we have Ramses Barden
    that was lame.......

Some definitely are...(buddy) but that's a very very slim percentage.

We could go 1-15 for the next 5 years and I'll still root as hard as ever.

I'm a DIEHARD Giants fan.... oh and a DIEHARD Knicks fan.... yea

But I'm also a DIEHARD Yankees fan
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

my biggest frustration with the team is the inconsistency, we just don't seem to play at the same level of intensity and this has been going on for years now, we just never know which Giant team is going to show up for the game if they show up at all...

the only one who can beat the Giants is the Giants themselves.........man for man on a talent level through the entire 53 there is no better team out there.

Right now I would nominate Eli for League MVP and likely the #1 QB in the NFL......no one is playing better than him.

So far in their two losses they gave us a lackluster performance. By and large we should be able to handle Dallas and Philly, but for some strange reason we do not show up against these two teams lately (or the Skins).

This is New York the cup is always half empty!

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Some definitely are...(buddy) but that's a very very slim percentage.

We could go 1-15 for the next 5 years and I'll still root as hard as ever.

I'm a DIEHARD Giants fan.... oh and a DIEHARD Knicks fan.... yea

But I'm also a DIEHARD Yankees fan
    If we went 1-15, I'd want our coach's head, and I'd want some serious improvement. That's because I love this organization that the Mara family has created over the generations, not the individuals in it. Those that say "You should respect webster/tuck/bradshaw/diehl/etc for his body of work and allow him to continue starting" when he's obviously lost a step are fans of the players over the organization. Their body of work has been put into the books, to be remembered forever in the highlight reels. But nobody stays young and healthy forever. Eventually, even Eli must retire. But I will still be a Giants fan regardless.

And frankly, I'm getting tired of people saying "TC/KG/etc should be given a free berth because he has 2 Super Bowls". But TC is not larger than the Giants organization. I hope that he has the introspection to know when it's time to call it quits, but if he ever stopped trying on the job and refused to step down, I would call for his head in an instant. Same with any of the players. NONE of them are bigger than the organization, not even Eli or TC.

And besides, TC seems to produce his best work when he's on the hot seat, so why not do our duty as fans of the organization and constantly put him there?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Thank goodness we don't see any evidence of that around here

Agreed!
    Giants fan since '58

+ Reply to Thread