+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are New York Giants' fans tapping out already?

I know these giants all too well. Until we are elimated from playoff contention, I will be on board. This team plays their best football with their back against the wall, unfortunately.

I think the majority are just venting because we lost to 2 inferior teams. We were 9-7 going into the playoffs last year and had some head scratching losses....if you're jumping ship now, you were never really on board.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    History is against the Giants to repeat. It just normally doesnt happen. While I want them to win every game I hold little hope at winning the SB this season. Not because I dont think they can but I am taking one game at a time knowing winning back to back SBs is an extremely hard thing to do. Its hard enough being a Giants fan week to week without putting the added pressure on myself thinking they "have" to reach and win the SB...
    The only thing I expect out of this group of Giants is a playoff appearance. This group is talented enough where I don't think that that is an unreasonable expectation.

Yeah, the age thing is a load of BS. I'm "only" 22 years old so I suppose I am considered a 'younger' fan. But I am as die-hard as it gets in sports fandom. My father raised me to like..Love 2 teams and 2 teams only. The New York Gaints the Boston Red Sox. Since about age 6 I have never waivered from these two teams and never will.

I have learned from him what being a Giants fan was like pre-1985. He and my grandmother taught me what being a Red Sox fan was like pre-2003. I understand the history and I respect it. I realize I am lucky to see my teams win.

I think what should be noted is the dbag 'bandwagon' fans. Regardless of age, these are the worst sports fans off all. Worse than a loyal Eagles fan. Worse (for me) than a loyal Yankees fan. Bandwagon fans are a disgrace to fandom. But such is life...

By the way I am a Giants/Red Sox fan because my father grew up in Manchester, NH in the 50's. There were no Patriots, it was Giants and Red Sox territory. Another ****ty fact: my grandmother was a life long die-hard sox fan and passed away in the middle of the 2004 ALCS between the Sox and Yanks. I gotta pay homage and be a sox fan

Conclusion: Its not the young fans, its the Bandwagon, I mean ***wagon Fans.... and they can eat ****
    Last edited by CowboysSuck; 10-06-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I think the majority are just venting because we lost to 2 inferior teams. We were 9-7 going into the playoffs last year and had some head scratching losses....if you're jumping ship now, you were never really on board.
    nicely said

I know this does not help our standing, but we all know that we should have beat Dallas & the Eagles. And we would be 4 and 0, But I think at this point of the season, let them get focused and start winning games one at a time . Starting tommorrow, I know the next time we meet the Cowgirls and Eagles, they know that we will be out to get them,AND WE WILL.
    GO GIANTS !

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Do I expect us to repeat? Not in today's NFL.

Do I want the Giants to stop this "playing down to the competition" BS instead of making an obvious scrub team like the Eagles look like the freaking all-pro team? YES. STOP THIS...

Unfortunately,. that seems to be as much a part of the team's makeup as the Mara family.
    Yeah I've just come to accept it. They are what they are. Nothing they do is surprising because they've done it all before.

Get used to it.........we had one innovative OC in the last 25 years- Sean Peyton.......they sent him packing but quick
    We have had 3 very good DC's- Spagnuolo, Nolan and John Fox........all left as soon as they became accomplished

Our HC choices other than Bill and Tom have been abysmal, and Parcells only became innovative when he gained some measure of success

Its kind of amazing we have had all the success we have had playing everything so close to the vest

If Eli had not blossomed when he did we might still be looking for Lombardi #3

All-Pro
    I have been a die-hard fan since the early 80's, I have seen some pretty bad years, but I have also been fortunate to see 5 Super Bowls, 4 of those wins. This team, when healthy, is still as good as any of those SB teams, if not better. The injury bug seems to hit the Giants hard every year, but... if they can win the games they should win until they start getting healthy, there is no team in the league they don't have the ability to beat later in the season.

I am not a "rah rah" type of fan, I have no problem criticizing when I am unhappy with their play, but jumping off the bandwagon is never an option.

I do not think Giants fans have been that bad at all. There are some people who are being absurd for sure, but you cannot mistake the people who want and know we can do better with the people who whine about every little thing.

What is so frustrating about this team is you just have no idea which version is going to show up. Will it be the superbowl champs that went through 1 of the toughest playoffs runs in SB history? Or, will it be the team the Eagles got the edge on despite committing no blockers to the defensive end?

In truth, the only thing we can usually expect from this team is that we will play to the level of our competition. That can be very frustrating to watch.

+ Reply to Thread