+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Are New York Giants' fans tapping out already?

I don't think the fans are anymore irrational than any other team's fans. I do think that they are more passionate, especially when they don't feel that the team left everything on the field.

As said before I wish the Giants would just come out an dominate a team on a regular instead of one weak win by 1-3 points, lose by a few, win by alot, win again by 1-3, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    I think the majority are just venting because we lost to 2 inferior teams. We were 9-7 going into the playoffs last year and had some head scratching losses....if you're jumping ship now, you were never really on board.
    I doubt if anybody is "jumping ship" I think its just normal frustration and disappointment at seeing 2 lackluster performances within the division

Veteran
    RF...congrats on Moderator. When did this happen and are we less 1 mod now?

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Get used to it.........we had one innovative OC in the last 25 years- Sean Peyton.......they sent him packing but quick
    We have had 3 very good DC's- Spagnuolo, Nolan and John Fox........all left as soon as they became accomplished

Our HC choices other than Bill and Tom have been abysmal, and Parcells only became innovative when he gained some measure of success

Its kind of amazing we have had all the success we have had playing everything so close to the vest

If Eli had not blossomed when he did we might still be looking for Lombardi #3

How many losing seasons have we had under Gilbride?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    RF...congrats on Moderator. When did this happen and are we less 1 mod now?
    It actually happened at the transition but I'm shy so I kept it quiet for a bit. We have the same number of mods we had before the transition.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

It's the New York fanbase in general. Expectations will run high and disappointments are abound. A win will be glorified and a loss will be criticized with very few in-between. Nothing new nothing surprising. Congrats to RF as well.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 10-07-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It actually happened at the transition but I'm shy so I kept it quiet for a bit. We have the same number of mods we had before the transition.
    Not that it matters, but I was just curious if someone who was mod before has retired or whatever.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Thank goodness we don't see any evidence of that around here
    I've been a Giants fan far too long to worry about a few losses or even a bad year. Remember my first 11 years as a fan, we didn't make the playoffs.

+ Reply to Thread