+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

does RG3=MLB for the G-men

After watching last nights game do you guy see the Giants finally drafting a true MLB talent. I would die of joy if Reese found a way to get Te'o, but who else do you guys think would help.

Giants need to address the Defensive Line in the first round I believe. An athletic MLB like Alec Oggletree would work wonders but I dont think the Giants would go with a player like him.

If RG3 comes out of this season unscathed without any serious injury, I'm sure the Giants FO will deem him a long-term threat and he will end up influencing the players we draft on defense. Blackburn certainly appeared mismatched in all phases of the game and was a liability.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    If RG3 comes out of this season unscathed without any serious injury, I'm sure the Giants FO will deem him a long-term threat and he will end up influencing the players we draft on defense. Blackburn certainly appeared mismatched in all phases of the game and was a liability.
    Blackburn is awful but he makes 1 game changing play eevery few weeks and people seem to forget. He looked completely over matched yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Blackburn is awful but he makes 1 game changing play eevery few weeks and people seem to forget. He looked completely over matched yesterday
    +1

You need a dynamic MLB to play against an option offense. Need to be able to take on blockers, and have enough range to take on faster backs or quarterbacks.

A MLB would be nice but with OSI leaving, a DE may be a point of need...I'd like to see Tracy more this year but who knows...I wouldn't be suprised if corner was what they target in the 1st...TT's injury, I haven't watched the film like the coaches so I can't officially say but Webby seems to be getting beat more, idk not sure on that one...I love Hosley and Prince but you can always use more imo.

I would say it was the poor play vs the redskins run that exposed Chase moreso than RG3.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    good point..he had a pick against Cleveland and it was all forgotten, and I think he was lucky on that play anyway..Chase is on of my favorites but he is looking over matched at times out there...
    Last edited by alentown pa; 10-22-2012 at 10:54 PM.

I hope we draft kevin minter personally.. He looks fast on tape in my opinion, and hits like a ton of bricks and is good at making plays around the line..