+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tuck living on Rep?

Last year Tuck did next to nothing and the excuse was that he was injured. What is the excuse this year. He has not looked any better this year. He had a few very good years for us, but I am wondering if he is ever going to be a star player again or if his reputation is what is keeping him on the field. It certainly isn't production.

This coaching staff is more loyal to their vets than any team in the history of teams. Great for a couple years? Awesome, starting role handed to you until you decide to retire. Screw up 1 play as a rookie? Awesome, you wont see the field until next year.

Genius, isn't it?

To answer your question, no. Tuck is a certified gap filler and will never get more than 6 sacks in a year again.

I still think its very likely Tuck retires after this season. His body is just broken down, he can not physically do what he used to.

Everyone thinks when a player isnt as good as he once was that he is lazy or doesnt care, and I just dont think thats the case with tuck.

He is def playing very old. He knows it too. You can tell by his body language. The only fire he ever shows is in his pre game speech when the cameras are on him.

Veteran
    Just looking at his facial expression, you know he doesn't want to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still think its very likely Tuck retires after this season. His body is just broken down, he can not physically do what he used to.

Everyone thinks when a player isnt as good as he once was that he is lazy or doesnt care, and I just dont think thats the case with tuck.
    His whole deal just speculates that after he got tripped by Flozell Adams, He has not been the same. Anyone on this message board would do the samething, Play until you cant. But in this aspect he is hurting the team more than helping at this point. I love the guy...........have his jersey........but it is time to retire if you cant help and only hurt the team at this point.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    His whole deal just speculates that after he got tripped by Flozell Adams, He has not been the same. Anyone on this message board would do the samething, Play until you cant. But in this aspect he is hurting the team more than helping at this point. I love the guy...........have his jersey........but it is time to retire if you cant help and only hurt the team at this point.
    Hes still a very good run defender. He just can not offer much as a pass rusher anymore.

I don't think Tuck will retire. . .there's far too much money at stake.

I do think that he should not be Captain anymore. Let him worry about his play, and not the whole unit and speaking for others. He'll always be a leader, but I think he just needs to focus on being a player again.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    I don't think Tuck will retire. . .there's far too much money at stake.

I do think that he should not be Captain anymore. Let him worry about his play, and not the whole unit and speaking for others. He'll always be a leader, but I think he just needs to focus on being a player again.
    I am not sure taking that step would not make him go further into thinking he is NOT performing. He is a major veteran player on this team and I believe taking that step would just add salt to injury.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"