+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man it's been slim Pickens in Here last several days

No offense intended to anyone, but as I read through this thread, two words came to mind WAKE and FUNERAL.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    he's right. did we give up when the german's bombed pearl harbor? now who's with us?
    Classic line, he died way to early! RIP JB

zzzzzzzzz

9-7 will not win the division this year.That Eagle team is solid and will win 11 games. The AFC is getting run over by the NFC which means inflated NFC records. Giants need to finish minimum 8-4 and I think more like 9-3. I dont see how thats possible with the injuries and the Dline not showing up

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    9-7 will not win the division this year.That Eagle team is solid and will win 11 games. The AFC is getting run over by the NFC which means inflated NFC records. Giants need to finish minimum 8-4 and I think more like 9-3. I dont see how thats possible with the injuries and the Dline not showing up
    care to wager on the philly 11 games statement?
    I have the eagles winning 9x.
    10 wins would be a push. 11 wins-u win obviously, 9-I win...they've been outscored by like 26 pts thru 4 weeks. those 1 and 2 pt wins are gonna dry up. philly has an absolutely BRUTAL next 5 games, I could see them going winless these next 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by IamGiantsfan View Post

Not sure if haven't seen Animal House...
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-07-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Its more fun to talk about the positives. It gets old being down and negitive. Poor play and constant injuries just isn't fun to talk about. I'm hoping we can step up and dominate this game. The team and the fans really need the shot in the arm.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Its more fun to talk about the positives. It gets old being down and negitive. Poor play and constant injuries just isn't fun to talk about. I'm hoping we can step up and dominate this game. The team and the fans really need the shot in the arm. ELI HOF is right. Its time we get Animal in the house!!!

With no sarcasm intended whatsoever, a lot(not ALL) of you guys set yourselves up for letdowns like last weekend. You have the bar set WAY too high, and you expect them to dominate, win every game, and repeat. It's just not realistic, especially when you consider that we have 2nd and even 3rd string guys now starting in some areas. I believe they'll pick it back up and get on a roll, but expecting too much is a recipe for disaster.

Anyone who has followed this team for more than 5 minutes knows that there is no such thing as an easy win. The beatdown of the Panthers was a rare exception that happens once every 4-5 years. This team simply does not blow other teams out, and they dont always win games they should win. Thats all the proof you should need to not get your hopes up too high. Not being negative, just realistic.

Last week was a big disappointment, yes, but it's over. Let it go and move on

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Like right now, on TAGF there is one thread new
    Let's face it, most of the posters aren't posting as well since the new boards came online. Many of the best posts appeared to be jabs at whether there would ever be a new board, which masked the inability of those posters to produce a quality statement.

And how obvious is it that the moderators are not as enthusiastic as in the past? They're not getting to the board as quickly. I think they may be overrated--may need to get back in the weight room to rebuild the fingers.

We need to bring in some new posters from another team's fan base, perhaps some Bengal fans to tell us: "You guys are great, but we're great too."

And have you noticed how the new boards just don't seem to give the ability to type letters as easily on the keyboard? Maybe if we could get back to the quoting of a quote of a quote threads that take up the whole page, we'd get back to the glory days of the longer thread that appeared to have more substance?

I'm not sure what's wrong here, but it seems like it can be traced further back when Flozell Adams tripped up a poster's train of thought a few years ago. It just doesn't seem like the boards have been the same since.

+ Reply to Thread