+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Lets give Prince a chance before calling him a bust.

So many people where putting the guy down on the game day thread and I just thought it was ridiculous.

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.

Re: Lets give Prince a chance before calling him a bust.

[quote user="buddy33"]So many people where putting the guy down on the game day thread and I just thought it was ridiculous.

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.[/quote]

He didn't play CB in college? He didn't learn how to stay close enough to a reciever to make a one on one tackle? Come on man he's a bust or close to it anyway. Well maybe not if he had a decent DC he may look much better I don't know but this is getting rediculous. It' s not getting any better & he's made no progress.

Veteran

lol - anybody having anything negative about Amakamara likely can't even throw a nerf football let alone understand the NFL.

i really cant blame the players THAT much on defense. sure they miss big tackles here and there (rolle) but i honestly feel its the coaching. guys who have had success in the past are struggling under fewell. also tough to maintain coverages when only rushing 3 guys on third downs and giving the QB all day.

[quote user="buddy33"]So many people where putting the guy down on the game day thread and I just thought it was ridiculous.

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.[/quote]You're correct, he's only a rookie and he was hurt for almost half the season.

All-Pro

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="buddy33"]So many people where putting the guy down on the game day thread and I just thought it was ridiculous.

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.[/quote]

He didn't play CB in college? He didn't learn how to stay close enough to a reciever to make a one on one tackle? Come on man he's a bust or close to it anyway. Well maybe not if he had a decent DC he may look much better I don't know but this is getting rediculous. It' s not getting any better & he's made no progress.[/quote]

College is not the pros and he was thrown into the middle of the season out of desperation.

It is one of the hardest positions to play in the game and you think he should have it down already after just 4 pro games with no camp?

i knew this would happen.

Perhaps people have different expectations for a First Round Draft Pick and forgetting to mention he held out on the Giants longer than any other first-rounder on top of the lockout (which applies to every team), wanting to be paid like a star. He just got benched today. lol Next...

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="buddy33"]So many people where putting the guy down on the game day thread and I just thought it was ridiculous.

He didn't play CB in college? He didn't learn how to stay close enough to a reciever to make a one on one tackle? Come on man he's a bust or close to it anyway. Well maybe not if he had a decent DC he may look much better I don't know but this is getting rediculous. It' s not getting any better & he's made no progress.[/quote]

Seriously, your comparing College to the NFL? really? He's a rookie DB who didn't have an offseason, one Pre-season practice, foot surgery and only 3 NFL games. And your calling him a bust?

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.[/quote]Does he collect a paycheck? What does he have to show for it? I though that all the "experts" here were waiting anxiously for his return to solve the problems.

All-Pro

[quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="buddy33"]So many people where putting the guy down on the game day thread and I just thought it was ridiculous.

He is a rookie in a lockout season, had 1 practice before he broke his foot, and has been thrown to the wolves because they are so depleted at CB. Had they not have had so many injuries he wouldn't even be playing yet.[/quote]Does he collect a paycheck? What does he have to show for it? I though that all the "experts" here were waiting anxiously for his return to solve the problems.[/quote]

So you think he is a bust because some message board fans where hoping he could contribute without any professional experience and coming off of a broken foot?