+ Reply to Thread

14-12 last 26 Home games???

wow...thats pretty terrible. virtually no homefield advantage...this team better not take cleveland lightly...watch it somehow, again, come down to eli having to bail us out...

but yeah, why do we have no home field advantage? i know we've all heard the "well the psl holders are old and dont like to yell"(which is complete BS, some of the loudest folk are the ones been there the longest)...maybe it legit has something to do with eli and how the nyc media and a ton of giants fans ate him alive those first few years, and its effected his psyche...? i know it sounds crazy but it could legit have something to do with that...

You're thinking way too much into this.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

How much time did you put into this? Really? Just enjoy the game and we'll talk statistics afterwards when the Giants pound the browns.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    wow...thats pretty terrible. virtually no homefield advantage...this team better not take cleveland lightly...watch it somehow, again, come down to eli having to bail us out...

but yeah, why do we have no home field advantage? i know we've all heard the "well the psl holders are old and dont like to yell"(which is complete BS, some of the loudest folk are the ones been there the longest)...maybe it legit has something to do with eli and how the nyc media and a ton of giants fans ate him alive those first few years, and its effected his psyche...? i know it sounds crazy but it could legit have something to do with that...

I really don't think the media bothers Eli. If it did, he'd be in an institution by now.

As for those saying it's the fans fault, I am an OLD season ticket holder and that's not the case. When the team is doing well, the fans are there, when the team sucks, the fans are reserved. Just like it is here.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    I think it's had a lot to do with the offense not playing as well at home. More than half of Eli's career interceptions are during home games. Maybe the winds bother him more than opposing QB's? Who knows.

Falcons usually play good at home but Atlanta doesn't really have a strong "die-hard" fanbase like the Seahawks do. I think it's just the team mentality of the Giants. They always seem more focused and disciplined on the road on average versus home games. Maybe they fall into a false sense of security at home or perhaps they are distracted during the week with the 10 million things to do in NYC? Heck if I know...you could think of hundreds of possible theories on why it's like this.

All-Pro
    The Giants are 21-15 in the last 36 games, so I don't read too much into the home or away stats. Their regular season record hasn't been stellar home or away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Falcons usually play good at home but Atlanta doesn't really have a strong "die-hard" fanbase like the Seahawks do. I think it's just the team mentality of the Giants. They always seem more focused and disciplined on the road on average versus home games. Maybe they fall into a false sense of security at home or perhaps they are distracted during the week with the 10 million things to do in NYC? Heck if I know...you could think of hundreds of possible theories on why it's like this.
    true. i just cant believe the disparity between our success on the road vs at home. makes no sense as to why we cant have a good home field advantage...dont get it at all, makes zero sense

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The Giants are 21-15 in the last 36 games, so I don't read too much into the home or away stats. Their regular season record hasn't been stellar home or away.
    good point. still, i'd love it (we all would i'm sure) if we had a legit advantage over teams when we play at home, like the saints have