Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
I agree......seems like a late-round choice, given his age. Didn't really follow his college career, though.
pair of 4000+ yard years at OK State, with a total of 71 passing touchdowns as a full time starter. I don't know if OK State offense is even CLOSE to what they're running in Cleveland, since I know they used to run alot of misdirection and a lot of screen/pass options (if you watch on tape, the O-line would be run blocking, but Weeden would keep the ball and just throw to Blackmon if he was in single coverage). Completed 72% of his passes his senior year tho....

The thing is, look at a QB like Mark Sanchez: he's 25 years old and that franchise and the city itself is ready to just throw him away. Weeden is already 28. If after 3 years he's still barely average, he'll be 31 years old and (by draft standards) a bust at that age. You're not gonna get some massive improvement when he reaches that year 4 or 5, where things REALLY click. He'll be 33 at that point....smh....I would never take him first round at that age....