+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This game is in the bag, Cleveland better go get Geno Smith with that #1 pick they're

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I agree......seems like a late-round choice, given his age. Didn't really follow his college career, though.
    pair of 4000+ yard years at OK State, with a total of 71 passing touchdowns as a full time starter. I don't know if OK State offense is even CLOSE to what they're running in Cleveland, since I know they used to run alot of misdirection and a lot of screen/pass options (if you watch on tape, the O-line would be run blocking, but Weeden would keep the ball and just throw to Blackmon if he was in single coverage). Completed 72% of his passes his senior year tho....

The thing is, look at a QB like Mark Sanchez: he's 25 years old and that franchise and the city itself is ready to just throw him away. Weeden is already 28. If after 3 years he's still barely average, he'll be 31 years old and (by draft standards) a bust at that age. You're not gonna get some massive improvement when he reaches that year 4 or 5, where things REALLY click. He'll be 33 at that point....smh....I would never take him first round at that age....

Browns should have drafted Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    They didn't lose yet and Texas was undefeated as well.
    Oops. Someone text me they lost. Tebow won the Heisman and where did that get him?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Oops. Someone text me they lost. Tebow won the Heisman and where did that get him?
    Yeah but Tebow was a Vince Young type QB... Smith is a pocket passer with scrambling abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    He's a rookie QB starting in his 5th game.
    and he does not have a lot of weapons, besides Richardson, just yet. Give him a top tier WR, a quality TE, and a full season to get comfortable with the speed of the NFL and playbook, and I think he could be a good QB.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    and he does not have a lot of weapons, besides Richardson, just yet. Give him a top tier WR, a quality TE, and a full season to get comfortable with the speed of the NFL and playbook, and I think he could be a good QB.
    He'll be 35 by time all that happens lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    He'll be 35 by time all that happens lol.
    Exactly! Hehehe

+ Reply to Thread