View Poll Results: Who thinks we are a good team after beating the 0-4 browns?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 62.71%
  • No

6 10.17%
  • I have to wait and see

16 27.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So who thinks we're a good team again after beating the 0-4 browns who are now 0-5

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    For me, it's less about the confidence I have in the Giants and more about the respect I have for the 49ers team. Other than possibly the Texans, you'd be hard pressed to find a more talented roster in the NFL. The key to winning that game will be establishing an early lead and taking the 49ers out of their element like the Vikings did.
    We've played & beat them before..., in their house in the NFCCG! We stomped the 15-1 defending champ Packers in their house the week prior. We beat the 18-0 Pats in the SB & beat em again last yr in the SB!

G-men have no fear of teams that have superior W-L records or a tough rep. If anything, 9ers fans should be worried about us as we are the toughest team they will play so far this yr.. That they destroyed the Jets & Bills these past 2 weeks is really not that impressive when you take into account that the Bills D is aweful & has given up over 45 pts in 3 of their 1st 5 games & the Jets with that Gawd aweful O were one of them.And the Lions are 1-3 while GB is 2-3 & just got beat by a rookie QB in a game they led 21-3.

If the G-men play their game, get back some players that have been hurt & avoid turnovers, we win this game.

All-Pro
    That was last year. The 49ers have made major improvements to their offense while the Giants DL is no where to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    That was last year. The 49ers have made major improvements to their offense while the Giants DL is no where to be found.
    As much as this was billed by some as a "trap" game, it is just as likely, if not more so, that we will rise to the occasion next game.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    What major improvements? They have the 30th ranked passing attack in the NFL.

This is crazy.
    Just because I'm proud of our win, that doesn't mean I think we are the best team in the NFL.
    Anything can happen in 7 days as well Hakeem is supposed to return, our o-line is playing better, and we are running the ball better. Defense is still suspect, but hopefully we can get some guys back from injury.

The 49'ers didn't beat us yet (or possibly won't).

Please support.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    As much as this was billed by some as a "trap" game, it is just as likely, if not more so, that we will rise to the occasion next game.
    As much as it looks like a mismatch, I could see the Giants look very good this game and even win. That's just how they are. Then again, even in the last two seasons that they won the Super Bowl they where lit up a few times.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 10-07-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    'we played the Browns", "we played the Browns", "we played the Browns"... that is starting to get annoying. If we lost to the Browns I bet you would be all over this team. If Bradshaw had 60 yards rushing you would be crushing him. Just enjoy the win cause it does count. If we beat the 49ers next that doesn't mean anything still cause we could still loose to them later. You can't tell if a team is good or bad until the season is over if we use your logic.
    1. When was the last time you seen me bash a player on this team? I still thought bradshaw ran hard last week even though he didnt have a lot of yards. If we lost, i would have said move on just like i did after the eagles loss. What part of evaluate dont you understand? Im not trying to sound like a jerk or anything but ill say it one more time. "I can't evaluate much from this game even if we did win. because at the end of the day."

We played the browns.

basically im not saying we are bad or good. all i am saying is i cant tell yet because we beat a bad team. if we beat the 49ers thats a different story. After the panthers game everyone was so hyped you could have sworn we just won the division. the following week was the opposite. people starting talking about next year as if the season was over. Thats how it is on here. when we win everyone gets hyped and when we lose people are ready to pack their bags. I cant do that. when i see games like this i say to myself, good job, now lets see how you do against real competition before i judge. Whats so bad about that?

+ Reply to Thread