View Poll Results: Who thinks we are a good team after beating the 0-4 browns?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

37 62.71%
  • No

6 10.17%
  • I have to wait and see

16 27.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: So who thinks we're a good team again after beating the 0-4 browns who are now 0-5

All-Pro
    You know reading the title of the thread did make me think they the Giants have beaten teams that are a combined 2-12.

The Giants have been a good team for the past several years. The problem with them has always been trying to get a solid read on them, which I have not been able to do in recent years. They are an enigma in the sense that you never know which team will show up in any given week. Very inconsistent in many ways. Today was a great win, but by no means should anyone judge this team by beating the lowly Browns. It just wouldn't be an honest, fair assessment.

I will say that after what I've seen of this defense and Oline in the last 2 games, the Niners are going to eat this team alive. Prepare for the worst

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    The Giants have been a good team for the past several years. The problem with them has always been trying to get a solid read on them, which I have not been able to do in recent years. They are an enigma in the sense that you never know which team will show up in any given week. Very inconsistent in many ways. Today was a great win, but by no means should anyone judge this team by beating the lowly Browns. It just wouldn't be an honest, fair assessment. I will say that after what I've seen of this defense and Oline in the last 2 games, the Niners are going to eat this team alive. Prepare for the worst
    Unfortunately I have to agree with your last statement. The 49ers look far better than the Giants right now. Their defense is dominant and their OL is huge. If the DL was pushed around today expect it to be worse next week because that OL is huge. I hope they get Bernard, KP, and Hosely back for next week. Nicks would be nice but has missed a lot of time and I'm not sure how healthy he will really be.

Geez people, have some confidence in the G-men. We have Eli & as long as the score is not 30-7, I always have confidence that he can win the game. We are just as good as the 9ers. They've beaten 4 teams with 2-3 or 2-2 records. The Jets & Bills are extremely bad teams. 9ers have the 30th ranked passing attack, so we just have to slow down their running game & force Smith to beat us thru the air. We will most likely have to beat em via the passing attack & I'll take Eli over Smith any day! We will be the 1st really good team they face all yr & the same for us. Whomever can win the battle of the trenches & the TO battle, wins the game.

A good team "again"?? Were we a bad team after the Eagles loss???

Considering our injury list I think it was a good win, especially when you consider how easy it would have been after the events of the 1st quarter for the players to sandbag it and use the injuries as the excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    im happy with the win. Im happy with the eagles and redskins losing.

I just cant evaluate anything until we play next week.
    This is how I feel.. So happy to see the eagles lose. The Giants D line can get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Lol i made this thread because i know the hype is going to come out. OH bradshaw had 200 yards cruz had 3 tds!! the offensive line was GREAT!! STEVIE BROWNS 2 PICKS, this team will be rolling once the D line steps up. WOOT!!....

Im not saying this team is bad. all im saying is.

We played the browns
    'we played the Browns", "we played the Browns", "we played the Browns"... that is starting to get annoying. If we lost to the Browns I bet you would be all over this team. If Bradshaw had 60 yards rushing you would be crushing him. Just enjoy the win cause it does count. If we beat the 49ers next that doesn't mean anything still cause we could still loose to them later. You can't tell if a team is good or bad until the season is over if we use your logic.
    Last edited by Eliscruzzz; 10-07-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Geez people, have some confidence in the G-men.
    For me, it's less about the confidence I have in the Giants and more about the respect I have for the 49ers team. Other than possibly the Texans, you'd be hard pressed to find a more talented roster in the NFL. The key to winning that game will be establishing an early lead and taking the 49ers out of their element like the Vikings did.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The Browns played pretty well today I thought. I take every win as a positive, no asterisk event.
    awesome post the guy already wants to move on from the win but if we lost everyone would be blasting them for the whole week. I think it's laughable to that people are saying if we come out flat next week the 49ers are going to kill us. WE HAVE ELI and I believe no matter who we are playing we can come back. The 49ers have to play us too.

+ Reply to Thread