+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

We need a new d-coordinator

I have have been a giants fan all my life and one thing I know is the giants pride themselves on good defense perry fewell inherited a great defense but handling it with kid gloves. Here why I am saying this during this season and last he bring blitzes that my 5 year old son can draw up he is creative at all and when he tries to bring pressure he has the corners playing 10 yards off that just drives me crazy!!! To me I don't think He adjust to what is being done to him on previous plays so teams keep exploiting it. And this is my honest opinion I truly feel we won the playoff games and Super Bowl on talent alone not his schemes!! Just sayin

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    The poor play from the defense has a lot to do with the unbelievable number of injuries this team seems to have every year. That being said, I agree there are some things that he could do that would make the defense better than it is. The issue with saying we need a new D coordinator is that there isn't a whole lot of SB caliber D coords just waiting for the Giants to give them a call.

lol.....the d-line isn't getting pressure, and we are decimated with injuries in the secondary. Same story as last year. Then, we got healthy and played very well during the last qtr of the season and throughout the playoffs.

Step away from the ledge.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Nothing new here in regards to a fan wanting a new coordinator on either side of the ball. Look at last year, similar posts were made about Fewell. Then the Giants got healthy near the end of the season and their D stepped it up, got hot and won it all.

Face it, the only way the Giants get a new coordinator, is if Coughlin retires/gets fired or if another team offers them a head coaching position.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

We aren't getting a new coordinator.

Take it easy

haha 1 td in garbage time and the other off a fumble if those two didn't happen they have 17 points. Last week Eagles score 19. Against TB Eli had 2 pick six and the 3rd pick by the our end of the endzone. Against the Panther 1 TD and this is with all the injuries and no pass rush.

Bench Player
    Your right but he shows no creativity at all with people out I still believe this is a top ten defense

Quote Originally Posted by eldee View Post
    Your right but he shows no creativity at all with people out I still believe this is a top ten defense
    Well when your defense is injured left and right, there's not much you can do.