+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone STILL want to blame the offense.........

Anyone STILL want to blame the offense.........

......for the putrid defense?

The O continues to carry this team......but that was the Browns. We got the 9ers next week.

One more obstacle to overcome. BIG BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post

The O continues to carry this team......but that was the Browns. We got the 9ers next week.
    The problem is not our offense. It is mostly the play calling. The D is a different story. It is both on the players and the DC.

.but that was the Browns. We got the 9ers next week.
    Best post ive read so far today

lol...never miss an opportunity for state your ridiculous opinion about Gilbride, do you? I guess 41 points isn't good enough!!!

Everything changes week to week. The Offense can suck one week while the defense carries the team.

And the defense can suck the next week while the offense carries the team.

I think it was a pretty even all around effort. The offense likely gets the nod putting up all those points, however. But dont get me wrong, the defense didnt play that bad. I mean Richardson only ran for 82 yards, thats great.

a very well balanced offense today as well. But the defense needs to step it up a notch or 2. The lack of pass rush is 1 thing, but they are having trouble stopping the run too. Had it not been for the offense today, who knows how close the game would have been.

I know there are injuries to key players, but last time I checked, this is the NFL. Our D-line is pretty much healthy(Canty the exception and Bernard today).

The 49ers D is one of the top 3 or so in the league, so we can't expect Bradshaw to run for 200 again, nor should we expect Eli to have to throw for over 350 to 400 yards either. The Giants are going to need a complete game in all 3 phases.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Everything changes week to week. The Offense can suck one week while the defense carries the team.

And the defense can suck the next week while the offense carries the team.

I think it was a pretty even all around effort. The offense likely gets the nod putting up all those points, however. But dont get me wrong, the defense didnt play that bad. I mean Richardson only ran for 82 yards, thats great.
    Yeah but once our Giants got up a couple scores, that changed the playcalling for the Browns. Had it been closer, who knows how many more yards Richardson would have gotten.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

the defense doesnt even resemble the defense going into the superbowl last year! if they step up this team could be unstoppable.

All-Pro

The offense has been good, and was obviously great today..... against the Browns. However, you have to do that against the better teams, i.e. the Eagles and Dallas, and you have to do it sooner.

That being said, I am not saying the offense is bad, you would have to be an idiot to even try to argue that. What I am saying is that the D is banged up and is very bad right now. We need the offense to make up for that, we need them to start fast rather than asking the defense to keep us in the game against good teams for the entire first half before the offense shows up. Clearly the offense is capable of doing that, but for some reason they come out very lackluster in the beginning of games.

+ Reply to Thread