+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone STILL want to blame the offense.........

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    lol...never miss an opportunity for state your ridiculous opinion about Gilbride, do you? I guess 41 points isn't good enough!!!
    As you said before "that was the Browns" and for the life of me I am not sure why they forgot to cover Cruz in the end zone. So please, when we put more points on a defense that is half way decent, then we can talk about Killdrive. Although, in this game, he did what he should have done against the eagles, use the short pass and the play action more and I gave him props for that on an earlier thread. So you may think that my opinion is ridiculous, the fact remains that Eli bails out Killdrive in the end.

The defense is not going to keep offense from scoring. You all think they should hold offenses to 10 points? They are going to score on the defense. Our offense has too many playmakers for it to score less then 25 points.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    As you said before "that was the Browns" and for the life of me I am not sure why they forgot to cover Cruz in the end zone. So please, when we put more points on a defense that is half way decent, then we can talk about Killdrive. Although, in this game, he did what he should have done against the eagles, use the short pass and the play action more and I gave him props for that on an earlier thread. So you may think that my opinion is ridiculous, the fact remains that Eli bails out Killdrive in the end.
    lol....you can't use the word "fact" when giving your opinion.....especially one so ridiculous.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

canty rivers philllips being out plus tt for season doesnt help on the defensive side a wins a win

All-Pro
    Success for Eli and KG are linked, just as the failures are. I get just as frustrated as the next guy when KG makes calls that leave you scratching your head and neglecting the running game, but you can't give him all the blame and none of the credit.

Smile

The problem is not our offense. It is mostly the play calling. The D is a different story. It is both on the players and the DC.
    I agree...........(The play calling by the Browns.) Do you actually believe KG called a bad game today. Enjoy the win......They won't come easy...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The offense has been good, and was obviously great today..... against the Browns. However, you have to do that against the better teams, i.e. the Eagles and Dallas, and you have to do it sooner.

That being said, I am not saying the offense is bad, you would have to be an idiot to even try to argue that. What I am saying is that the D is banged up and is very bad right now. We need the offense to make up for that, we need them to start fast rather than asking the defense to keep us in the game against good teams for the entire first half before the offense shows up. Clearly the offense is capable of doing that, but for some reason they come out very lackluster in the beginning of games.
    The D needs to get healthy . . . . fast

How do you know that Eli didn't check into the plays that you seem to have a problem with?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    the defense doesnt even resemble the defense going into the superbowl last year! if they step up this team could be unstoppable.
    It's very clear that the defense we saw at the end of last year was just a fluke.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by derekunion28 View Post
    canty rivers philllips being out plus tt for season doesnt help on the defensive side a wins a win
    When we get Canty back along with Bernard, Phillips, Hosley. Prince is learning each week. Also the kids Stevie brown And Will Hill stepping up as season goes on
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread