+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone STILL want to blame the offense.........

All-Pro
    Then we need to figure hoe to light a fire under Osi tuck and get the D line to take some pressure off the secondary
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

What ever the O did today, they have to keep doing it, just mix it up a little next week . SF is going to be a tough game, the G-Men are in for a real dog fight ! I said it before we should be 5 & 0..........So now we are going to play a real good Pro team.....We need the D to step up for this game ! I saw no rushing the QB or sacks this week...SF are out to get us.....you know what, we have to play like we did the last time we played them, only this time I think we have more weapons. Make sure you double cover Vernon Davis !

G-Men ..........Teach them a lesson, once and for all.......Lets get out and get them !
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 10-08-2012 at 01:47 AM.

It will be different going to from a defense that is rated like 27th in the league to the 1st ranked D. I think we will score some points, the problem will be that the 49r's will as well!

Thought this thread could use some rehashing.

I find the lack of respect given to Kevin Gilbride by Giants fans on this board to be mind numbing. This offense has become a juggernaut.....surely that doesn't happen with a bad or predictable OC. The man's name is NOT Killdrive.....so stop calling him that. You just sound stupid.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post

I find the lack of respect given to Kevin Gilbride by Giants fans on this board to be mind numbing. This offense has become a juggernaut.....surely that doesn't happen with a bad or predictable OC. The man's name is NOT Killdrive.....so stop calling him that. You just sound stupid.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The offense has been good, and was obviously great today..... against the Browns. However, you have to do that against the better teams, i.e. the Eagles and Dallas, and you have to do it sooner.

That being said, I am not saying the offense is bad, you would have to be an idiot to even try to argue that. What I am saying is that the D is banged up and is very bad right now. We need the offense to make up for that, we need them to start fast rather than asking the defense to keep us in the game against good teams for the entire first half before the offense shows up. Clearly the offense is capable of doing that, but for some reason they come out very lackluster in the beginning of games.
    The offense can't always make up for the defense being bad. The Eagles now have, I believe, 14 turnovers in 4 games, but we couldn't get any from them. And we scored as much as the Steelers yesterday against them, but we couldn't get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post

You are right FBomb. plus 2.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    How do you know that Eli didn't check into the plays that you seem to have a problem with?
    Because that wrecks the already stupid theory that ALL, not some, ALL of our offensive success is in spite of gilbride, never because of him.

My theory was that evem with 2 SB that required late TDs to win, some fans would continue to argue that, despite actual facts to the contrary, gilbride has had no part in our success.

My theory appears to be correct.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert21156 View Post
    The offense can't always make up for the defense being bad. The Eagles now have, I believe, 14 turnovers in 4 games, but we couldn't get any from them. And we scored as much as the Steelers yesterday against them, but we couldn't get the win.
    After the way the offense played against the Browns, it's hard to support my argument, but I will give it a shot You are correct, the offense can't always bail out the defense, but as bad as the defense is playing they are going to have to if we want to win games. That doesn't mean scoring 40 points a game, it simply means that they have to play better in the first half against quality opponents. They can't force the defense to spend the majority of the time on the field to start the game, that's what happened against TB, Dallas and Philadelphia.

Yes, we should be able to rely on the defense to get the ball back, and they should be able to close games. However, when you have no depth due to injury, and wear down the defense, they aren't going to have much left at the end of games. That doesn't make it the offenses fault necessarily, but at this point, with all the injuries, the offense needs to do more and do it earlier to compensate. Speaking of the Browns game, and the Carolina game as well.... those are perfect examples of how the offense can help the defense. The offense had a rough first five minutes, but got rolling in the first quarter and this game wasn't in doubt by the end of the half. Against Carolina they started out of the gate and never looked back.

This offense must bail out the defense, because the defense isn't going to bail out the offense very often!

+ Reply to Thread