+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

rebuilding the defense for 2012

now we all know the d has been crap this season, part is because of fewell, part is because of bad players, and part is because of players being used wrong.

1st step would be firing fewell obviously, i know a lot of people want spags back i do 2 but i dont see the rams firing him.

2nd is moves in FA, trades, and draft. id trade osi for a 2nd and a player and canty for a mid round pick. i like both these guys but the d needs a rebuild. id resign terelle thomas, let ross walk.

3rd is switching to a 3-4 d, i think with the players we have a 3-4 d would be better.
    tuck and jpp at DE, linval at NT.
    boley and herzlich at MLBs
    kiwi and a draftee at OLB
    with thomas back we have 3 good CB and that would let rolle play safety again insted of trying to be a cover corner.

imo a 3-4 d is the way to go, i think our front 7 would thrive, especially kiwi, kiwi isnt a 4-3 LB, but in a 3-4 i think hed be very good, he can rush the QB and he'd be able to drop back too. tuck and jpp will be better too.

Bench Player

Re: rebuilding the defense for 2012

I like the 3-4 look also but we need a NT to make it work.

RDE: Linval Joseph
    NT: Draft/FA
    LDE: Marvin Austin
    OLB: Kiwi and JPP
    ILB: Herlizch, Draft/FA... Williams/Jones are not ready

Bottom line is the Giants need to get faster on defense, Draft speedy DB's and big fast physical LB's and let a 3-4 coach run the show.
    '
    Get xtra draft picks by trading Rolle, Canty, Tuck and Osi.

Bench Player

I think jpp as a 3-4 outside backer could be Matthews or ware like only things nd have to learn a whole new way unless he's just gunna be straight rushing but I think it could work Ed have to figure Something to do with boley

All-Pro

They will need to do a lot of work in the secondary. Not sure how TT will be after blowing out the same knee twice, Ross is horrible and should not be offered a penny to stay, Rolle is way over paid and just not that good so he should be cut ( saves a lot of money so that is a good thing ), Grant is old and slow, and Webster is getting older.

[quote user="PrimeTime89"]I think jpp as a 3-4 outside backer could be Matthews or ware like only things nd have to learn a whole new way unless he's just gunna be straight rushing but I think it could work Ed have to figure Something to do with boley[/quote] jpp would be just as effective as a D E in a 3-4, kiwi tho could be very effective as an OLB in a 3-4 and could be like a matthews. boley would adjust fine, hed play in the middle along with herzlich who i believe played in a 3-4 at BC. we also have to draft another pass rushing OLB like an orakpo or ware.

[quote user="buddy33"]They will need to do a lot of work in the secondary. Not sure how TT will be after blowing out the same knee twice, Ross is horrible and should not be offered a penny to stay, Rolle is way over paid and just not that good so he should be cut ( saves a lot of money so that is a good thing ), Grant is old and slow, and Webster is getting older.[/quote]
    id give thomas a 2 yr deal, hed be the nickle corner, prince will get better and be damn good, webster is solid every year no worries with him, rolle is being used like crap under fewells d, he isnt a cover corner and shouldnt be trying to cover santana moss 1 on 1. he needs to play SAFETY, not CB. and ross and grant have been the 2 worst players on d.

All-Pro

[quote user="nygfan0816"][quote user="buddy33"]They will need to do a lot of work in the secondary. Not sure how TT will be after blowing out the same knee twice, Ross is horrible and should not be offered a penny to stay, Rolle is way over paid and just not that good so he should be cut ( saves a lot of money so that is a good thing ), Grant is old and slow, and Webster is getting older.[/quote]
    id give thomas a 2 yr deal, hed be the nickle corner, prince will get better and be damn good, webster is solid every year no worries with him, rolle is being used like crap under fewells d, he isnt a cover corner and shouldnt be trying to cover santana moss 1 on 1. he needs to play SAFETY, not CB.[/quote]

Had enough of Rolle. Hope they show him the door and save some money.

Veteran

I could see both JPP and Kiwi adjusting to 3-4 really well.

You guys are crazy. The 4-3 is here to stay.

[quote user="M0rbid"]I could see both JPP and Kiwi adjusting to 3-4 really well.
    [/quote] agree, its not 2007, we dont have a beast d line anymore. jpp would be just as good in a 3-4, kiwi would thrive imo playing OLB on the edge, he can rush the QB and isnt bad at coverage either. linval joseph would also do better imo, hes a big dude who i think would do good as a NT.