+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement refs are as good as the so called regular Refs. No big change, Happy?

Replacement refs are as good as the so called regular Refs. No big change, Happy?

There isn't a big difference b/w the 2. Except the real ones get paid more to blow calls. We can be thankful for playing the browns. Otherwise it could have been different.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

These refs are terrible. They were terrible last year and they aren't getting any better. And it seems like its always against us.

There is definately a big change, however i knew the old refs would still miss a lot of calls. But trust me, if the replacement guys were out there, we wouldnt have gotten any pass interference calls early on. im at least thankful for those

There were some bad calls in this game like the non-chop block penalty on bradshaw or the no PI call on a double arm bar that caused Victor Cruz to lose the ball for the INT. In the end, the win was there and that's what matters.

Veteran
    It isn't even close - these guys are ten times better - yes they missed two PI's one led to a pick - but the replacements were terrifying - gmen lucky they never blew too much in our games, but don't make that competency a league wide thing - cause it was not.

yup, gotta looke to the bright side. The replacement refs might have given Weeden that TD pass after he caught his own first pass off a deflection. lol

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    These refs are terrible. They were terrible last year and they aren't getting any better. And it seems like its always against us.
    They have been getting worse every year. At least the replacements wanted to do well and had a drive for it.

Just look at that blown call in the SB in a big spot on wilford that the refs had to ask if he made a mistake and then laughed about it. WTF are you throwing a flag if you arent certain? Though you have too actually see it occur to throw it, not assume it.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Veteran
    Sorry if you really think the replacement refs are better your just not seeing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    There is definately a big change, however i knew the old refs would still miss a lot of calls. But trust me, if the replacement guys were out there, we wouldnt have gotten any pass interference calls early on. im at least thankful for those
    Thing is, the replacements had a chance to be there when being skipped over and they wanted to do well and learn. As for many of them it was a dream. While the old refs are how old now on average? Sure there may have been some more blown calls early, but like anything they would have gotten better if they so desired. Besides a few regular refs, many of them suck. I like Ed Hoculli and Mike Cary, and they have made mistakes, but its rare and they get a pass as no one is perfect, but most others suck.

Did you see the NFL show this past week with the replacement refs? Very good spot if you haven't seen it. A couple things they said was very surprising/shocking.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    There were some bad calls in this game like the non-chop block penalty on bradshaw or the no PI call on a double arm bar that caused Victor Cruz to lose the ball for the INT. In the end, the win was there and that's what matters.
    the chop block call didnt really bother me even though it was incorrect because the refs may have had a bad angle so it looked like it was. But the Cruz and Randle ones were horrible.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

+ Reply to Thread