+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Replacement refs are as good as the so called regular Refs. No big change, Happy?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Better? in many respects. Good? Hardly............

How do you miss a blatant PI like that?
    If the refs were not watching the ball being caught,
    what the heck were they doing??

BTW, is that not automatically reviewable since
    possession changed hands???

The inconstancy is the problem.
    They can't review whether there should have been a penalty called...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    They can't review whether there should have been a penalty called...
    Brilliant, they can't review what caused the turnover.

the flow of the game is not being hindered. Which is very important. That was the maiin complaint of the replacement refs since they didnt know the rules very well. No one ever said the reg refs got every call.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The replacement refs were getting ripped every damn week but we could easily do the same for the current ones too. Ill give you an example of this bias...People were quick to rip a ref who had McCoy on his fantasy team. We don't know if that affected the game whatsoever. But in the SB last year, on the Wilfork penalty, the ref ASKS him if there was a penalty. Basically he didn't even see one but he threw the flag. That play may very well lived in infamy if we had lost that game. But since we won we can just laugh about it right?

yeah these part timer refs are horrible and have been for years

i was hoping the replacements wouldnt totally blow a game, so the lockout could continue and maybe we could have gotten to the point of having all full time accountable officials
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    yeah these part timer refs are horrible and have been for years

i was hoping the replacements wouldnt totally blow a game, so the lockout could continue and maybe we could have gotten to the point of having all full time accountable officials
    It does not look like this will happen any time soon. In the mean time, we will see blown calls and there were some big ones in the Giants game and in the Chargers game last night that affected the outcome of the game. Blatant PI's not called and an iffy hit on Brees that nullified a TD for the Charges D were just a few examples. I have seen Eli taking worst hits directly to the head that were never called than this. Again the PI's are called very inconsistently.

Colin Cowherd had said it since day one. We complain about the regular refs, so what's the difference?

I actually felt bad about the replacement refs. Without them, we wouldn't have had football, but they got ripped by the fans, press, and the league.

Refs will always stink!!!!! Replacement or real!

Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    Colin Cowherd had said it since day one. We complain about the regular refs, so what's the difference?

I actually felt bad about the replacement refs. Without them, we wouldn't have had football, but they got ripped by the fans, press, and the league.
    Me too. They were placed in a lose-lose situation. No time to study all the rules, placed in a fishbowl and expecting them to perform flawlessly. I think they got more call right than wrong and they did not have the "1000 experience years" the regular refs have. With the replacement refs we should have expected some bad calls and they were some. However, what is the excuse of the "experienced" refs? How can they not call the flagrant PI's this week. Not only in the Giants game but also in the Charges game. Sorry, but I do not see the NFL disciplining these guys and they keep making the bad calls.

League wanted the Saints to win last night on Brees record breaking night. I was blown away when SD was in NO territory driving to tie it & the refs throw like 4 straight flags on SD to put em back on their 26yd line & 3rd & 37! That was total BS!

+ Reply to Thread