+ Reply to Thread

Giants' Monday Morning Hangover: Plenty to nitpick after 41 - 27 win over Browns

http://www.giants101.com/2012/10/08/...y-over-browns/

Excerpt: "Yes, the New York Giants beat Trent Richardson and the Cleveland Browns in what turned out to be sort of a blowout yesterday, a 41-27 victory that featured great games from Ahmad Bradshaw, Eli Manning,Victor Cruz and Reuben Randle. And sure, it elevates the team into a tie with the Philadelphia Eagles for the NFC East division lead.

But let's be honest, the Giants have beaten the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3), the Carolina Panthers (1-4) and the (0-5) Cleveland Browns…and they messed the bed both times they faced a decent team (who both happened to be division rivals as well). Yeesh.

So in an effort not to again make the mistake we (and apparently the Giants) made after throttling the Panthers, we're not going to sit around and congratulate the team over the shellacking they gave a winless team. Instead, we're going to drink our coffee and commiserate about the weaknesses the Giants are still displaying as a far tougher and more important slate of games roll onto the schedule.

Among our chief concerns is this: while the Giants offensive line finally showed yesterday that they are capable of controlling the line of scrimmage, the defensive line has yet to show they can come remotely close to doing the same. They failed to register a sack yesterday and Brandon Weeden had way too much time most of the day." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I strongly agree with this, we are 3-2 and havent beat a noteworthy team yet. If we beat the 49ers this sunday, then we can talk!

The Cowboys are "decent"?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

It's all about can our offense maintain carrying our defense? I think we CAN beat the 9ers becaue I think we can out score them. If the defense doesn't start stepping up, we will have trouble against better offenses.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    It's all about can our offense maintain carrying our defense? I think we CAN beat the 9ers becaue I think we can out score them. If the defense doesn't start stepping up, we will have trouble against better offenses.
    Agreed, our offense has carried our defense but we are getting key membeers of the defense back. Prince is playing great, Webster is getting better, maybe that injury was slowing him down. Our safeties are playing well and the Lbers are doing horrible. The Dline needs to step it up and the LBers need to hit holes on the running plays.

I think we can outscore SF for sure, but it would make things a lot easier if our defense could stop them a few times.

D-line has to step it up in this game. We cannot afford to fall into a 10-14 pt deficit against this D. Our O can outscore their O, but we need to stop the 9ers run game & force Smith to beat us & that's where our pass rush has to come alive & hit/pressure him every time he goes back to pass.

We win this game if we win the battle of the trenches, control the clock & get a few TOs.I'd love it if the G-men start both AB & Wilson & give each RB a turn running the ball. AB up the gut, pounding them & Wilson to the outside, slashing them.

also they lost to the eagles mostly due to poor game management. Shady did get about 130 or so but the Giants cold have won that game.
    BUT....they didnt. The article is too early in the season IMO.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I dont think we PLAYED one good team yet. 49ers may be the best team in the NFL right now. We need to at least hang in there and prove to ourselves we can, just like last year with the Pack and in 07 vs the Pats.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Hell yes we can
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

The Cowboys are "decent"?
    Ok that got a chuckle! To be sure this team should be 4 and 1 (Eagles loss was ridiculous). The point still remains that the D line is still a question mark!