+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replacement refs are as good as the so called regular Refs. No big change, Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    yup, gotta looke to the bright side. The replacement refs might have given Weeden that TD pass after he caught his own first pass off a deflection. lol
    Oh thats another thing. They called it a TD, the ref in the end zone, but the head ref realized it and explained why it wasn't. I mean really a TD call? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    Sorry if you really think the replacement refs are better your just not seeing the game.
    Actually you can read my reply to mik about how i feel. But im seeing the game just fine, and been paying attention to them for years, and brining it up usually a couple times a year. No one here cares generally, unless it burns us as it did vs GB, SF, and luckily not in our last SB game.. I just prefer being consistent whether we win or lose or whether it costs us a game or not.... I don't start whining about it as some do when we only lose. Or think its no biggie because we won anyway.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Nicely put, DragonSoul. These referees were abysmal today, just like some big games last year.

What ended up good about the lockout and made it entirely worthwhile are that the current referees are really replaceable (with some training and Division I level college refs)., and that there is a new large crew of taxi squad referees in training.

To me, similar to smug MLB umpires that have a "personal" strike zone, the NFL refereeing system needed a major overhaul.

I applaud the Commish on doing what he did and how it will benefit the NFL in the long run.

Veteran
    This is the toughest game to ref in the NFL - but again if you believe that the replacements are better your missing a lot. Yep they missed two pi's today and have hurt us before and may do so again, but the replacements were a travesty and had trouble just keeping the game from being a prison breakout.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post
    Nicely put, DragonSoul. These referees were abysmal today, just like some big games last year.

What ended up good about the lockout and made it entirely worthwhile are that the current referees are really replaceable (with some training and Division I level college refs)., and that there is a new large crew of taxi squad referees in training.

To me, similar to smug MLB umpires that have a "personal" strike zone, the NFL refereeing system needed a major overhaul.

I applaud the Commish on doing what he did and how it will benefit the NFL in the long run.
    agreed. I think the refs should have been paid more so they can actually work year round on their craft and hire maybe another 1-2 refs per game. But with the way things are now, its not a big difference many cried about. Only difference was, it wasn't our team that was hurt but other teams for once. And when we have gotten screwed yearly, no one cried for our team, instead they said get up, brush the dirt off and move on. But amazingly how things changed when it happened to other teams.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Quote Originally Posted by dave56dj View Post
    This is the toughest game to ref in the NFL - but again if you believe that the replacements are better your missing a lot. Yep they missed two pi's today and have hurt us before and may do so again, but the replacements were a travesty and had trouble just keeping the game from being a prison breakout.
    As I said, I already answered what you happened to question me about, if you didn't take the time to read it, then cant help you there.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

I hate it when people cannot read the actual post and just the title of the thread. They automatically assume there is some sort of comparison between the two. I think we can all agree the current refs are obviously better all around than the replacements. Lets put that stupid argument to rest and get to the main point.These refs suck too. Actually I believe they are pretty terrible. Yes the replacements were worse but I still got the impression they wanted to improve and learn. Dragon, I remember everyone laughing at the Wilfork flop only because we won the SB. Bottom line is, that was probably more devastating than a stupid Seahawk packer game. The refs clearly tried to make the games close intentionally. That flag was predicatable even I saw that coming when the hole opened up. Refs tried to pull that on us in GB but we weren't having it. How they miss a simple Jennings fumble was beyond me. I have no compassion for the current refs. They hate us but none of our players openly moaned and groaned like what we saw the past two weeks. It was disgusting.

Yes the only thing about these refs is they just make bad calls faster, giving the illusion they know what they are doing more.

It also blows that it goes as a pick for Eli, which is BS!

To compare these refs to the replacement refs as just idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    To compare these refs to the replacement refs as just idiotic.
    They both suck.

+ Reply to Thread