+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Front 4 Not Getting It Done!!!!

Front 4 Not Getting It Done!!!!

Our front 4 are not doing their job at all. Even with a blitz we cannot get to the QB. I do not know what is going on or what is wrong. It almost seems once they get in, they over pressure and end up being out of the play.

I believe with our team we need to go to a 3-4. Basically moving JPP back to a LB'er position. This could be awesome in every sense and work very well for us since teams would not have a clue about us now and have no way to prepare. JPP could be the same as Kiwanuka in this respect. He would adapt very well as long as he is on the INSIDE.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

I was waiting for a 3-4 defense thread; we get one about once or twice every year. Let's face it, the d-line is underperforming. No one knows why, but changing defensive schemes is not the answer. We just don't have the personal to do the switch. The most valuable position in a 3-4 other than the linebackers is the nose tackle. And I think moving Linval Joseph to the nose might take at least a year for him to get comfortable. This team’s foundation is the d-line, and right now they are not getting the job done, hence why we are not looking that good on the defensive side of the ball.

Maybe an easy solution could be what the Eagles do with their d-line, rotate players so they are always fresh. We kept Tracy & Ojomo on the 53 man roster to play special teams? Let's give these two some snaps on defense, give Tuck, JPP, Osi a break here and there. You even have Kiwi who can get a few snaps at d-end.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    I was waiting for a 3-4 defense thread; we get one about once or twice every year. Let's face it, the d-line is underperforming. No one knows why, but changing defensive schemes is not the answer. We just don't have the personal to do the switch. The most valuable position in a 3-4 other than the linebackers is the nose tackle. And I think moving Linval Joseph to the nose might take at least a year for him to get comfortable. This team’s foundation is the d-line, and right now they are not getting the job done, hence why we are not looking that good on the defensive side of the ball.

Maybe an easy solution could be what the Eagles do with their d-line, rotate players so they are always fresh. We kept Tracy & Ojomo on the 53 man roster to play special teams? Let's give these two some snaps on defense, give Tuck, JPP, Osi a break here and there. You even have Kiwi who can get a few snaps at d-end.
    A rotation is a good idea. And bringing more than 4 on the pass rush is needed as well.

All-Pro
    Watching some of the 49ers on the RedZone and they have a Big OL. They might push the Giants DL all over the place next week.

Our DL is definitly underperforming and it's only been exhasterbated by the injuries at DT to Canty and Bernard. Tracy needs to see some snaps at least to give Tucks, Osi and JPP a breather and to mix things up.

Also, what the heck happened to all of the stunts and twists we used to use along the DL? Don't see them anymore.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Watching some of the 49ers on the RedZone and they have a Big OL. They might push the Giants DL all over the place next week.
    JPP got pushed all over today. Even the plays in slo-mo showed him getting handled.All I know is that in high-school ball I could play any Dlineman position at any given time. How hard is it to move to Nose-guard when you know if you do your job others have your back?

We at this present time have zero outside contain. The last 2 games have exposed that weakness. I always preached outside contain when I coached......move the ball to the interior where you have help!!!!!!

that was the only real weakness today. and a few plays with poor tackling on Richardson, but he is talented

All-Pro
    I want to think that they have a break out game next week, but after 5 games hey just don't look good at all. I thought it was just about the others teams getting rid of the ball quicker, but there where times that the QB had all day to throw it today. They might get pushed around all day next week. I don't see why we should expect any different. Will Bernard be back next week?

Quote Originally Posted by idiotekniQues View Post
    that was the only real weakness today. and a few plays with poor tackling on Richardson, but he is talented
    He is a beastof a runner with wheels that just dont stop until he hits the ground!!! Very impressed with him, and I think AB1 got motivated to be like him after his first fumble and succeeded.

All-Pro
    The 49ers have some packages where the use their back up QB. That OL is huge. The guy always seems to make huge gains when they put him in.

+ Reply to Thread