+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Front 4 Not Getting It Done!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    Banks said on the post game that JPP and Tuck commented that teams are doing something different this year in their blocking schems, and that is taking away from the pass rush...I know the eagles did a lot of chipping but this can not be what they are talking about, it's not like thats some fresh new idea...anyone see or hear anything on what other teams are doing?
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. Last week, Vick pretty much got zero pressure. Meanwhile he's turning the ball over left and right when other teams play him. The Bucs put 34 on our D because Josh Freeman had all day. Meanwhile, he's playing absolutely terrible against other teams. The Carolina game is the only exception. So I'm seriously trying to figure out what the problem is.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    There is this to be said as well. Canty is the only body big enough to take double teams, and he's out. And honestly, I think Canty did a lot more than most fans realize. He functioned like a 3-4 nose tackle, taking up bodies on the O-line, allowing Tuck to get to the QB.
    I think Joseph would be a more ideal 3-4 NT than Canty. I worry that astute offensive linemen would take advantage of his height and easily get under his pads. Canty was a 3-4 DE with the Cowboys anyhow and would work well as the LDE while Austin (if he can reach his potential once more) could be good as a 3-4 DE possibly as well. There's just too many "if's" or "coulds" for me to be comfortable switching to a 3-4 with our linemen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Which 3 defensive linemen would stay at the LOS? Remember that there is more pressure on those guys to occupy blockers for the linebackers to make plays. If we don't have enough big bodies who can also adequately rush the passer at all times, it would be an easy defense to defeat.
    I would say that it would be Tuck(t) Joeseph(nt) and Osi(t). Move JPP to an inside backer with Blackburn. Keep Kiwanuka and Boley on the outside.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    played STs. But how often do teams usually sit their all-pro DEs to play an undrafted rookie? Not saying that I dont want to see Ojomo on the field, just that that is the logic there.
    Not even at the end of the game though? Maybe get him some reps. Maybe even give one of the other guys a breather.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Carter View Post
    Wow, if I were a mod I would ban you for a month. Not because you want to switch to a 3-4, because you would move our best pass rusher from a 4-3 end to a 3-4 inside linebacker just to jump up and tip passes. Then you said it does not matter who you put at nose, when the most important position in the 3-4 defense is the nose - the person who needs to get double teamed every play for that defense to be effective.

Then to top it all off, you said you do this in real life with people's kids.
    Thanks for you vote of confidence. It is noted.(and I am being nice) note that.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    I would say that it would be Tuck(t) Joeseph(nt) and Osi(t). Move JPP to an inside backer with Blackburn. Keep Kiwanuka and Boley on the outside.
    Osi as a 3-4 DE? What % of the snaps would he have throughout a regular game? Do you expect him to hold up in the running game with his skillset against two possible linemen at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Not even at the end of the game though? Maybe get him some reps. Maybe even give one of the other guys a breather.
    They had Tracy playing at the end of the game for awhile.

It's not about keeping our guys fresh....it's not like there is any pressure during the beginning of the game either.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    It's not about keeping our guys fresh....it's not like there is any pressure during the beginning of the game either.
    True.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. Last week, Vick pretty much got zero pressure. Meanwhile he's turning the ball over left and right when other teams play him. The Bucs put 34 on our D because Josh Freeman had all day. Meanwhile, he's playing absolutely terrible against other teams. The Carolina game is the only exception. So I'm seriously trying to figure out what the problem is.
    See rudyy, I am not that far off the mark. we just straight up bull rush with no trickery, no schemes, no tom foolery. We do nothing that make the O-line of opposing teams scared or flinch. Our D-line is a joke for the most part when they say "just block the guy in front of you", well .........thats the guy you will block cause he is coming straight in.

+ Reply to Thread