+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Front 4 Not Getting It Done!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Osi as a 3-4 DE? What % of the snaps would he have throughout a regular game? Do you expect him to hold up in the running game with his skillset against two possible linemen at a time?
    with PF bringing a blitz with even just 1 LB a snap(change'em up) Olineman wouldnt have a clue of who to block. I think we would fair better with my scheme. By no means am I NFL caliber, but the Giants are way to predictable on O and D now.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

All-Pro
    It wold be great if the could get back a bunch of guys next week. I think Bernard was missed today. They cold also use Rivers and Hosely.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    It's not about keeping our guys fresh....it's not like there is any pressure during the beginning of the game either.
    What do you mean no pressure at beginning of the game? just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    with PF bringing a blitz with even just 1 LB a snap(change'em up) Olineman wouldnt have a clue of who to block. I think we would fair better with my scheme. By no means am I NFL caliber, but the Giants are way to predictable on O and D now.
    He's only 255lbs though. I don't see how he could make much of an impact if heavens forbid a Guard got a good block on him. Wouldn't you say that he would be better suited as a 3-4 OLB with his speed off the edge and could take advantage of bigger linemen absorbing blockers?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    It wold be great if the could get back a bunch of guys next week. I think Bernard was missed today. They cold also use Rivers and Hosely.
    Not to mention Canty (though he's still on PUP through the SF game). Talk about unsung hero... I'm pretty sure that Canty is the power behind the pass rush. Tuck and Osi look so gassed and JPP is getting all the double teams.

What do you mean no pressure at beginning of the game? just asking.
    The defense wasn't getting pressure in the beginning, so you can't make the excuse that they were "tired", since they were already sucking at the get go, haha.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Yes I know they dont have the players for a 3-4. But in my opinion they do. move bernard to NT and JPP to Inside LB and there you have it. Just MHO.
    Bernard at NT? No offense, but thats insane. He's not the kind of player that can eat up a C/G by himself. Teams would run right at him all day with huge success. Hypothetically, I can see JPP at ILB. He's certainly fast enough and has just the right size and power for the position.

Overall though, a 3-4 would never work for the personnel we now have, and they would NEVER attempt a switch in the middle of a season. You'd have to teach the entire defense a brand new scheme on the fly, and thats not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He's only 255lbs though. I don't see how he could make much of an impact if heavens forbid a Guard got a good block on him. Wouldn't you say that he would be better suited as a 3-4 OLB with his speed off the edge and could take advantage of bigger linemen absorbing blockers?
    I really agree with you on that. So, now that I have you on board somewhat, even though not 100% I would rather Boley and Kiwanuka be on the outside for pass plays. Trust me I would love to see the Giants switch LB positions every play if not only to confuse the O line. We did it with MAJOR success with the 86 Giants! I believe that adding JPP to the LB Corps would give us a HUGE advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    Bernard at NT? No offense, but thats insane. He's not the kind of player that can eat up a C/G by himself. Teams would run right at him all day with huge success. Hypothetically, I can see JPP at ILB. He's certainly fast enough and has just the right size and power for the position.

Overall though, a 3-4 would never work for the personnel we now have, and they would NEVER attempt a switch in the middle of a season. You'd have to teach the entire defense a brand new scheme on the fly, and thats not happening.
    I dont think it is that hard to convert to a 3-4 vice a 4-3. I have done it with great success in lower leagues with almost no reprecussion changing our D look multiple times during a game. Not sure how NFL guys cant do that since our Secondary has many different shemes and adapt just fine. front 7 should be the same.

If we go into a game and the opposing team expects a 4-3 and we show a 3-4 they will go beserk. If we have the ability to change it periodically throughout the game they will be so confused they wont have a clue. Switch crap up and see what happens. they have been trained on our 4-3, they end up seeing a 3-4 and then keep switching they will be so confused we just end up killing every play cause they have no idea who to block.

+ Reply to Thread