+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    But at RT for the Browns they had a ROOKIE and Tuck got zero pressure? Something is wrong. No switches on D No cross schemes, just straigght up pass rush. Hell I could do that all day. where is the trickery on the D line?????
    As I said, I have to go back and watch. But the ability to leave Thomas alone on JPP does let them double/chip the other side. Lots of quick throws and screens also will slow a pass rush.

Tracy got quite a few snaps late in the game, got some pressure on at least one of the plays that I saw.

Yes, I think he would be easy to convert since he didnt play a down of football prior to college. Great brain, Great skills= put me in coach at any position almost. I think he would be a GREAT LB.

I dont see how taking the best DE the giants have and making him play ILB improves the pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Wow, I think this thread just went beyond rediculous
    when you have coached as long as I have and won championships, I will let you say that. However, JPP has the ability the be like Kiwanuka on a higher level. I see it and feel it. we could go to a 3-4 tomorrow.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Bernard at 3-4 NT? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont see how taking the best DE the giants have and making him play ILB improves the pass rush.
    We get killed on slants all day long. JPP is so quick and big he could break half of them up himself. plus, he could be a major blitz concern, much like LT was from every side of the ball.

when you have coached as long as I have and won championships, I will let you say that. However, JPP has the ability the be like Kiwanuka on a higher level. I see it and feel it. we could go to a 3-4 tomorrow.
    While I find the idea of going to a 3-4 (or even just mixing in some 3-4 concepts) intriguing, you just can't go to 3-4 on the turn of a dime. I sure as hell wouldn't want to have only one week to install a brand new defense...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

We get killed on slants all day long. JPP is so quick and big he could break half of them up himself. plus, he could be a major blitz concern, much like LT was from every side of the ball.
    So take the best pass rusher on the team, and only let him rush the passer occasionally, and this will improve the pass rush?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Bernard at 3-4 NT? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.
    put whomever you want at NT,put linval in IDC, we should go to a 3-4 cause the 4-3 isnt getting it done and we have zero outside containment.

So take the best pass rusher on the team, and only let him rush the passer occasionally, and this will improve the pass rush?
    Personally, I like my "CB Jernigan" idea better than that TBH... lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

what did he do the last 2 games? got double teamed. Move him back a notch and let him get a head of steam on the way in.