+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Front 4 Not Getting It Done!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    As I said, I have to go back and watch. But the ability to leave Thomas alone on JPP does let them double/chip the other side. Lots of quick throws and screens also will slow a pass rush.

Tracy got quite a few snaps late in the game, got some pressure on at least one of the plays that I saw.
    Slip, with your knowledge of the game, and the fact you re-watch most of the plays like you are a HC I would never doubt you. I just know what I saw during the game. The last 2 games we have had zero sacks and minimal QB pressures. That is a mjor concern. PM me on this issue if you need to. Thanks Slip!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Banks said on the post game that JPP and Tuck commented that teams are doing something different this year in their blocking schems, and that is taking away from the pass rush...I know the eagles did a lot of chipping but this can not be what they are talking about, it's not like thats some fresh new idea...anyone see or hear anything on what other teams are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    Banks said on the post game that JPP and Tuck commented that teams are doing something different this year in their blocking schems, and that is taking away from the pass rush...I know the eagles did a lot of chipping but this can not be what they are talking about, it's not like thats some fresh new idea...anyone see or hear anything on what other teams are doing?
    A lot more teams are remembering (thanks to us) that you can use TE's to block. It's not just opposing teams either... Bennett helped keep Eli upright the whole freaking game against the Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Years ago they took their best DE and made them an inside linebacker?
    No, I see where you are coming from. I am just so frustrated with our lack of penetration this year that I think I see something that is attainable with JPP being converted, and with that OJOMO gets back in as well.

Thats what I want to look for.

fantasy football championshps dont count.
    That is not fantasy football. It was Pop Warner football. Yeah it is not anything much, but when you take a given group of kids, put them into a position, train them, condition them and then win on a weekly basis that means I/We did something right and have an idea of who and what needs to happen to win. sorry if I didnt win the SB yet.LOL

All-Pro
    Ojomo was suited up. The coaches must not think he is ready because I don't recall him being in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    No, I see where you are coming from. I am just so frustrated with our lack of penetration this year that I think I see something that is attainable with JPP being converted, and with that OJOMO gets back in as well.
    I agree with that, I just dont think moving JPP is a solution. JPP has been playing really well, just doesnt have the stats or the big plays yet. Tracy finally got some defensive snaps late this game, hopefully Ojomo gets a few soon. There has really been no push inside either, a push inside or at least some hands in the QB's face may get him to pull the ball back down and let the ends get to him.

It really did seem to me that the browns spent most of the game getting the ball out quick, and they did keep extra players into block nearly every play.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    Its not brand new, we did it years ago with huge success. I say switch it up and we will kill'em all this season.
    Wow, if I were a mod I would ban you for a month. Not because you want to switch to a 3-4, because you would move our best pass rusher from a 4-3 end to a 3-4 inside linebacker just to jump up and tip passes. Then you said it does not matter who you put at nose, when the most important position in the 3-4 defense is the nose - the person who needs to get double teamed every play for that defense to be effective.

Then to top it all off, you said you do this in real life with people's kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Ojomo was suited up. The coaches must not think he is ready because I don't recall him being in the game.
    played STs.

But how often do teams usually sit their all-pro DEs to play an undrafted rookie?

Not saying that I dont want to see Ojomo on the field, just that that is the logic there.

+ Reply to Thread