+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bench Player

Down 14-0...Did you really think we were going to lose?

No one that was with me expected a loss, even down 14-0. We knew Eli would make sure we had a chance to fight back and take over the game.

I'm just curious on how others felt.

No not for a second.
    No one remembers who came in second.

We were in a tight spot, but I knew the Browns would run out of Steam. They got points off a turnover and a big play, and eventually blew their load. When the onslaught began, I think the Browns were to bewildered to know what to do. Also, hey didn't know how to cover Cruz, on that PIC that was a clear Pass interference as he slapped cruz arms before the ball got there. Talk about a flukey interception. So.....know I never doubted, but I'm sure people were calling for the "Tip Toe burglar" Bradshaw's head, and talking about our two turnover putrid defense lol. I didn't even visit the boards during the game, can't be around some of these pessimistic people.

I did not like the start of course, but I knew it was early and Eli and the offense had plenty of time to make up 14 points vs the Browns. But the Giants cannot afford to get down 14 points to the 49ers and other quality/playoff teams they will be facing in coming weeks.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Honestly, I would have said it was a coin flip, had you asked me after that deep ball Weeden threw

With the Giants, those situation go two ways and two ways only: (1) We get our **** together and end up absolutely dominating (today)

(2) We tuck our ****s between our legs and act like we no longer have enough testosterone to continue playing ('08 Browns, '09 Saints...the list goes on)

I was starting to doubt our chances, not going to lie. Coming out flat and our D not getting pressure.

Let's go.

There was never a doubt in my mind
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Nope....Not as long as Eli is healthy.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

I was thinking repeat of 2008

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gxbhkt View Post
    I was thinking repeat of 2008
    I was thinking, we had them right where we wanted them
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***