+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And you beat the 2-3 Packers that just got beat by the Colts.

Hmmm.... Seems like you don't have any wins against teams with winning records, either.

Glass houses.
    Teams 49ers beat.......7-9
    Teams Giants beat...2-12

Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    If Eli throws three picks against the 49ers, dont expect a comeback victory like they had against TB. This year's 49ers are better than last years and if you think it will be a close game you are dreaming.
    You're the only one dreaming thinking that you're going to blow us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And the last one was a generation ago.
    That will make winning it this year so much more special.

If the game was at Metlife I would say it would be close.

Teams 49ers beat.......7-9
    Teams Giants beat...2-12
    Hmmm.... Looks like the teams you beat stilll have a losing record. And c'mon, if you think that beating the Jets and Bills is something to brag about you're more delusional than I thought.

If the game was at Metlife I would say it would be close.
    Kinda funny, here I thought the NFCCG was in SF. How'd that turn out for you?

Bench Player
    Hi Giants fans, I'm from the 49ers.com MB. There are classless, clueless fans in every fanbase so you can discount them (please). The majority of our MB family believe the Giants will be our toughest game so far this season. We have beaten some underachieving teams in the Pack and Lions and also some pancakes in the Jets and Bills but we are not delusional to think this will not be a tough game.

Keys to the game:

1st the Giants keys to victory
    Giants must try to run the ball and not abandon that plan. Eli is a great QB but the 49er D feasts on teams that bring in a 1 dimensional attack. Our pass rush has not been as potent as last season so far but our backend is playing at a much higher level than last season. Every team we've beaten this year has given up on the run and I believe that is what has cost them the most. The Vikings just out muscled us and ended up rushing for over 160 yds so I believe this is the key to beating the 49ers.

Giants must get pressure on Alex Smith. Alex has shown this season that when he has time to pass he can get the job done. Pressure (especially up the middle) bothers Alex and will keep him from taking shots down field.

Force the 49ers to Pass. If the 49ers can be effective running the ball this game is as good as lost for the Giants. The 49ers are a run first team and if they find success they will run the entire game and could care less about putting up passing stats. If the Giants can't slow them down they have no shot. Also the 49ers love to run the trap play for over agressive DL, so this is something the Giants need to watch.

49ers Keys to Victory
    49ers must control the tempo of the game. If the 49ers can control the clock and run the ball this improves their chances greatly. 49ers must run the ball to setup playaction and get 1-on-1 matchups on the outside and for Vernon Davis.

Must win 3rd down. If the Giants Offense is allowed to sustain drives this will play into the Giants hands. The Giants strength is their Offense and the more the 49ers keep them on the sideline the better.

Protect the ball. The 49ers play a conservative style of Offense and rely on limiting scoring for opposing Offense. The achilles heel of the 49ers is if they fall behind they struggle trying to recover. Special Teams Turnovers was the difference in their last meeting with Giants.

My prediction is 20 - 13 49ers. We are not all delusional and crybabies about last season. Yes we feel we could and should have won the NFCC but we didn't and you guys deserve the credit and deserve the SB. Hope for an injury free, competitive game. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWilliams View Post
    This is SMACK TALK CENTRAL so relax people if someone from another team comes here and "TALKS SMACK".
    Anyways what you seen last year was a 49er team on the rise.The offense was incomplete and very one dimensional. This years team is much different. A more complete defense and much more versatile offense with more weapons. The offensive play-book is in it's second year and even we 49er fans are seeing plays we never seen last year or even last week and you will see that next Sunday.

The Minnesota game was a wake up. These 49ers are hungry again. It won't be close. Not because the Giants are not very good but because the 49ers are just that much better. You can be very sure the 49ers have had this game highlighted on their schedule since the schedule came out regardless of what they may say to the media.

49ers 38
    Giants13 and limping out of candlestick very beat up.

You talk about last years NFCCG like it going to make a difference this Sunday. OK whatever. The 49ers 1st Lombardi like your last Lombardi have something very much in common. They are in the past and mean nothing this season. But if you want to talk Championships then fine. Enjoy your 4 Super Bowl Championships. I remember when the 49ers only had 4 of them.
    And then I remember that the Giants have 8 NFL Championships. Learn your history, son.

I knew last years NFCCG would be a battle. This year we have more weapons. We are 100% healthy. We have an unstoppable running game and we have Kaepernick.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    Hi Giants fans, I'm from the 49ers.com MB. There are classless, clueless fans in every fanbase so you can discount them (please). The majority of our MB family believe the Giants will be our toughest game so far this season. We have beaten some underachieving teams in the Pack and Lions and also some pancakes in the Jets and Bills but we are not delusional to think this will not be a tough game.

Keys to the game:

1st the Giants keys to victory
    Giants must try to run the ball and not abandon that plan. Eli is a great QB but the 49er D feasts on teams that bring in a 1 dimensional attack. Our pass rush has not been as potent as last season so far but our backend is playing at a much higher level than last season. Every team we've beaten this year has given up on the run and I believe that is what has cost them the most. The Vikings just out muscled us and ended up rushing for over 160 yds so I believe this is the key to beating the 49ers.

Giants must get pressure on Alex Smith. Alex has shown this season that when he has time to pass he can get the job done. Pressure (especially up the middle) bothers Alex and will keep him from taking shots down field.

Force the 49ers to Pass. If the 49ers can be effective running the ball this game is as good as lost for the Giants. The 49ers are a run first team and if they find success they will run the entire game and could care less about putting up passing stats. If the Giants can't slow them down they have no shot. Also the 49ers love to run the trap play for over agressive DL, so this is something the Giants need to watch.

49ers Keys to Victory
    49ers must control the tempo of the game. If the 49ers can control the clock and run the ball this improves their chances greatly. 49ers must run the ball to setup playaction and get 1-on-1 matchups on the outside and for Vernon Davis.

Must win 3rd down. If the Giants Offense is allowed to sustain drives this will play into the Giants hands. The Giants strength is their Offense and the more the 49ers keep them on the sideline the better.

Protect the ball. The 49ers play a conservative style of Offense and rely on limiting scoring for opposing Offense. The achilles heel of the 49ers is if they fall behind they struggle trying to recover. Special Teams Turnovers was the difference in their last meeting with Giants.

My prediction is 20 - 13 49ers. We are not all delusional and crybabies about last season. Yes we feel we could and should have won the NFCC but we didn't and you guys deserve the credit and deserve the SB. Hope for an injury free, competitive game. Good Luck!
    Good post. Granted, I think the score is going to be a bit different, lol.

+ Reply to Thread