+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers

Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    If Eli throws three picks against the 49ers, dont expect a comeback victory like they had against TB. This year's 49ers are better than last years and if you think it will be a close game you are dreaming.

I think it might be a close game. Once again the schedule has the Giants going across the country to play the 49ers and the Niners record is currently better so I assume they should be favored by 8 or so. Regardless, the Giants have a bad habit of not getting super psyched for regular season games so I could also see the Niners winning by 2 scores or so. The Giant defense is playing poorly, so it's very possible.

Again, it doesn't in any way shape or form balance the playoff loss from last year, but if it makes SF fans feel better about themselves, so be it. The Eagles take a lot of solace in that kind of thing too. I don't actually get it...I thought the whole point was to win championships but whatever makes you happy I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Backpedal much??

What happened to "we are better in
    every facet of the game", OOPS!! LOL!!!!
    I never said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Ponder wasn;t.
    I think the 49ers coaching staff underestimated Ponder.

A win over the Giants this week in no way balances the loss in the Championship game last year. Some fans on the Niners board are calling it a revenge game, I will just be psyched to get the win so the Niners can still have the edge for home field advantage if it comes down to it. I know home field didn't win it for us last year, but all things being equal I would still love to have it this January.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWilliams View Post
    This is SMACK TALK CENTRAL so relax people if someone from another team comes here and "TALKS SMACK".
    Anyways what you seen last year was a 49er team on the rise.The offense was incomplete and very one dimensional. This years team is much different. A more complete defense and much more versatile offense with more weapons. The offensive play-book is in it's second year and even we 49er fans are seeing plays we never seen last year or even last week and you will see that next Sunday.

The Minnesota game was a wake up. These 49ers are hungry again. It won't be close. Not because the Giants are not very good but because the 49ers are just that much better. You can be very sure the 49ers have had this game highlighted on their schedule since the schedule came out regardless of what they may say to the media.

49ers 38
    Giants13 and limping out of candlestick very beat up.

You talk about last years NFCCG like it going to make a difference this Sunday. OK whatever. The 49ers 1st Lombardi like your last Lombardi have something very much in common. They are in the past and mean nothing this season. But if you want to talk Championships then fine. Enjoy your 4 Super Bowl Championships. I remember when the 49ers only had 4 of them.
    You'd need to have a great memory then.

I agree the niners have a very, very good and extremely well coached team. The blindspot for you is that with the exception of the top 10% vs. the bottom 10% of teams...the rest of the league displays significant parity. That's how the league office wants it and that's what they've had for years now.

The niners may have more talent (sucking spectacularly for a decade will do that) and no one with any sense would dismiss them out of hand. But the game is played on the field by the players, not on paper. So, we'll see come next week....it could be close or it could be a blowout. Any given Sunday and all that rot...

If the niners do blow out the Giants it wouldn't shock me, I also wouldn't care that much since it doesn't mean all that much in the regular season and I judge the success of my team at the end of the season, not each week. I do think it would be huge win for the 49ers and their fans. For some reaosn some teams and cities just get all rock hard about seemingly random regular season wins.

So, talk all the smack you want because that's all it is. When you win something in this century, maybe people will start to listen. Until then...consider yourselves the Eagles West. You're a regular Dream Team!
    Last edited by Sarcasman; 10-08-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CALI49ER View Post
    Cough, Cough , DAVID BAAS, Bear pascoe....
    True. He's no Ted Ginn that's for sure....

Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Maybe they will meet in the playoffs and then I will say it would be a close game. This is one of those games you turn off after three quarters to watch the Yankees.
    It could be. Again, when a team desperately needs to get sky high to play you in the regular season...that's usually not a good sign for that team. So yeah, week 6 could be a REALLY BIG EXCITING week for you guys.

Assuming Harbaugh doesn't blow his load early again and brick all over Thursday's practice.

Then again, he's a smart guy so I assume he'd have learned from his mistakes in last year's NFCCG.

Bench Player
    The 9ers official MB is a little bit more sane, I cannot speak for those guys on the webzone. I just like how my rational post was overlooked by the Giants fans and you continue to pick on the "yall" guy who insists on using caps when it is not necessary. Oh well, theres mindless homers on both sides, it is almost impossible to get a semi intelligent conversation when opposing fans are discussing their teams unless it is face to face. Even then it is difficult. Rather than arguing stats acrued by BOTH teams which have played games vs sub par competition, or referencing the past when these teams are different, you should be looking at the actual matchups themselves for THIS sunday. I have and it looks pretty damn even overall. Anyone saying it will be a blowout for either team is uninformed. Unless you consider a 10 pt victory a blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by CALI49ER View Post
    LOL

The NFCW is by far the superior division this year wake up brah.

NFCW combined W-L RECORD 14-6

NFCE combined W-L 10-9

WE HAVE 4 OF THE TOP 10 defenses in the league

,Chi, NE, NO, JETS, GB, are our common opponents.
    lol Who's W-L record is 12-12

so that leaves 6 divisional games plus the afcN who's combined W-L RECORD is worse than yours a whoppin 9-10 lol

miss me with that we have a brutal schedule bs

worst post ever

Wow, this is brainless. It's what happens when people use stats without thinking about where the numbers come from.

The East is a lot more competitive than the NFC west. Stop being blinded.

+ Reply to Thread