+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    No, game planning won that game. You had a good thing going with Gore and what happened? You guys decided to stop running him. Both defenses were playing great, both offenses had to earn every yard. At the end of the game it was a matter of who is going to make the first mistake. And you guys did, so take it however you want. We won and went to the super bowl and won. While you guys watched from your couches.
    Yeah. Because game planning led to the two most pivotal plays of the game. Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 94niners View Post
    Yeah. Because game planning led to the two most pivotal plays of the game. Of course.
    The first one was a dumb mistake, the second one your coach should have mentioned to his players the magnitude of the game, and mistakes can cost the game. A rookie coach making rookie mistakes.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CALI49ER View Post
    Revenge week for us
    listen don't take it out on your dog after we thrash you guys.........no tossing the TV......no loud off color language disturbing the neighbors all night

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    listen don't take it out on your dog after we thrash you guys.........no tossing the TV......no loud off color language disturbing the neighbors all night
    Good luck with that. I'm not calling for a blowout but I think it will be clear after this game who the better team is because I do expect a team to control the game. And its not the Giants BTW...

I'm sure you thought the same thing when you beat us 27-20 in our regular season meeting last season as well. You 9ers fans & the 9ers themselves probably thought they were the better team & then we go into your house a 2nd time for the NFCCG & send you home crying!

We tend to get payback on teams in the playoffs that beat us in the regular season. 9ers & GB last yr & in 07' we got swept by Dallas in the regular season as well as losing to GB & NE, then whooped all 3 in the playoffs!

So should you win Sunday, enjoy it. We'll get you back when it counts!

The Giants are the Super Bowl Champions. They are a great, well balanced team, and they earned their ring. No question. But you've got to be delusional if you don't think that Kyle Williams was the Giants MVP in the NFC Championship game.

H
    ell, moments before the first of those plays, Giants fans on this board were lamenting about how the 49ers were flat out better, etc, etc, and then suddenly Williams drops a late game changing Christmas present... twice.

Right. Because people who actually know something about football believe that Ted Ginn is the difference between playing in the Super Bowl and playing golf.

Ted Ginn, Hilarious.

Good point' you're right. I don't think game planning and coaching mistakes are synonymous either.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    Good luck with that. I'm not calling for a blowout but I think it will be clear after this game who the better team is because I do expect a team to control the game. And its not the Giants BTW...

I'm sure that's what you'd like to believe and if you need that, good for you.

Most fans choose to rate their team's success at the end of the season but I understand how important it is to you guys that you win this regular season match up. Just like you did last year!

In a couple of seasons you might want to start thinking about aiming a bit higher, say for a SB win as opposed to your current standard of a regular season win over the Giants means you're better. Whatever gets you through the night, I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by CALI49ER View Post
    It's too bad that song came out when the Giants beat the 49ers in the championship game. Feels good.

+ Reply to Thread