+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    It's too bad that song came out when the Giants beat the 49ers in the championship game. Feels good.

This is going to be fun cant wait

I do have a question about your team though. The Browns go up 14-0 yesterday, lost to the Eagles, lost to the Cowboys, then yesterday I hear an analyst say that "well, the Giants play up or down to their competition", and all i've heard today, out of numerous different Giants fans, is how they "play up or down to the level of the competition". After losing both conference games WHO'S W-L record is 5-4 , and pulling out victories over the Bucs,Panthers and Browns,Who's W-L record is 2-11 how exactly is that playing to the level of their competition? You lose to good teams and win against bad ones. eXPECT to lose to a great team this sunday.Don't get me wrong, you beat us last year in the Playoffs and got another Ring but this is a new season. I don't see the team that I saw last season and I'm not so sure that the Giants are a threat anymore. I'll be interested in seeing how well we play against you guys but I was wondering if you feel this is as good a team as last season? And exactly how are they "playing to their competition"?

C&P

Quote Originally Posted by CALI49ER View Post
    I do have a question about your team though. The Browns go up 14-0 yesterday, lost to the Eagles, lost to the Cowboys, then yesterday I hear an analyst say that "well, the Giants play up or down to their competition", and all i've heard today, out of numerous different Giants fans, is how they "play up or down to the level of the competition". After losing both conference games WHO'S W-L record is 5-4 , and pulling out victories over the Bucs,Panthers and Browns,Who's W-L record is 2-11 how exactly is that playing to the level of their competition? You lose to good teams and win against bad ones. eXPECT to lose to a great team this sunday.Don't get me wrong, you beat us last year in the Playoffs and got another Ring but this is a new season. I don't see the team that I saw last season and I'm not so sure that the Giants are a threat anymore. I'll be interested in seeing how well we play against you guys but I was wondering if you feel this is as good a team as last season? And exactly how are they "playing to their competition"?C&P
    Playing up or down to the level of competition is not unique to the Giants all teams/players do it in all sports. It's really more a function of a team or player taking another team or player lightly or being underprepared. The GIants started slowly yesterday so people trot out the old "they're playing down to their competition". It's not a real phenomenon it's a cliche.

As far as your trying to take this general cliche and apply it specifically, it doesn't work because it's not a real phenomenon, it's a generic cliche. And again, I know you are dying to extrapolate the past 5 games in to a season and then draw some conclusions but it doesn't work that way either. The Giants have played inconsistently this year, just as they did last year.

It's not a matter of beating bad teams and losing to good ones, there isn't enough of a sample size yet to be meaningful. But I respect your attempt to insult the Giants by claiming they only beat bad teams and lose to good ones. If we take that logic (such as it is) and use it for every team this year its flaws would be seen much more clearly. You're talking about 1 or 2 losses or 3 or 4 wins; that is a ridiculous sample size from which to attempt to draw any conclusions.

Banned
    We are not playing to our competition......we are working the kinks out as we have added a lot of new talent this year- Hosley, Wilson, Randle, Andre Brown, Stevie Brown, Kuhn, Blackburn (dont think he played you in the regular season), Bennett, Amukamara, Barden, and an as yet to be deployed monster DE- Ojomo.....the Oline is young but very potent.....the Eagles game was unfortunate. Had we just run the ball and kicked a 40 yd FG it would have been a win

We beat the bejssus out of the Panthers and Browns.....you're the next victim........I'm just curious to see if you will promise to come back for some crow if we wipe the field with you guys......or will you slink away?

No this team is not as good as the 2011 Champs, its much much better and when they get rolling on you, you will be ground into the Candlestick mud.....last years team was not nearly as explosive.....last years team limped into the playoffs and got hot.

Every Sunday night football expert picked the Panthers to beat us.........we destroyed them, and I'm sure you watched the party.

We have had a ton of injuries and in every instance the next man up stepped in and we grew stronger and stronger

You guys should be scared....VERY SCARED

If we destroy you in front of your friends and family like we did the Packers and Falcons last year........I guarantee you there will be people all over your boards calling for some heads to roll
    Last edited by BParcells777; 10-08-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Banned
    I've seen a lot of experts say you guys were going to take a step backwards this year.....not sure why

You might not get to meet the Vikings again.......do not take a playoff win for granted.....you should have learned that lesson last year

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWilliams View Post
    The Vikings are proving to be a very good team. Im just saying. 49ers will beat them should they meet in janurary
    Because they beat you, doesn't mean they proving to be a very good team.

That's what your logic sure seems like.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Banned
    Incidentaly, no other team has invaded this board like the 49rs......you guys must be worried, or too stupid to realize you might get rolled on this weekend

Banned
    Is Kyle Williams still alive........I would have thought they would have found him floating in the Bay after all his flubs last game LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Is Kyle Williams still alive........I would have thought they would have found him floating in the Bay after all his flubs last game LOL

All of those who wanted to tear his limbs out one by one are now praising his performances as of late.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWilliams View Post
    The Vikings are proving to be a very good team. Im just saying. 49ers will beat them should they meet in janurary
    How do you figure? They've beaten 1 good team and 2 crap teams and they lost to a mediocre team. How the hell does that translate into "proving to be a very good team"?

Please, please, please don't tell me they must be good because they beat the 49ers. Jesus, that would be the height of low football IQism.

+ Reply to Thread