+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 314

Thread: 49ers

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Funny our first SB was our 5th championship. See my sig.

    You guys had an incredible 80s and got sloppy seconds in the 90s. The Giants have been playing in championship games in 9 of their 10 decades and have won 8 of them.

    I guess you guys need to be reminded your team dates back to 1946 and the failed AAFC and aside from the 80s and part of the 90s were the definition of garbage. Most of your fans probably don't even know that.
    Yeah, but you know what the Niners took out the Cowboys several times during their SB runs, I'll take that any day of the week.

  2. #222
    I may be in the minority, but I only count SB championships. Back in the 20s there were like 12 teams & the 2 teams with the 2 best records played each other to determine who is the best. That could be a 7-4 team vs an 8-3 team. Both our teams have been to 5 SBs , with the 9ers being a perfect 5-0 & us being a steller 4-1.

    Most 9ers fans in their 20s & younger are too young to remember their last SB win in 95, while us Giants fans are fortunate to have witnessed our team win 2 SBs these last 5yrs.

    The 9ers were the team of the 80s & that is really their only dominant decade in their history.They were really good in the 90s & won it all in 95' , but the Cowboys stood in your way & proved to be the team of the 90s. I truly believe that if we can win another SB this yr or next, that we would be labeled the team of this decade.

    Also, the Cowboys took you guys out of more NFCCGs in the 90s. You won your only NFCCG match with them in 81. In 95 you did stop them from 3 peating, but they did stop you from going to the SBs in 93-94. And of course we stopped you guys from 3peating in 90!

    You guys had an incredible 17yr run from 1981 to 1998, where you guys had 2 HOF QBs in Montana/Young lead you to 5 SB titles & 10 NFCCG apps!

    I may be wrong, cuz I'm going from memory, but your 5 NFCCG losses where to the Skins,Us, GB & Dallas 2x.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I only count SB championships. Back in the 20s there were like 12 teams & the 2 teams with the 2 best records played each other to determine who is the best. That could be a 7-4 team vs an 8-3 team. Both our teams have been to 5 SBs , with the 9ers being a perfect 5-0 & us being a steller 4-1.

    Most 9ers fans in their 20s & younger are too young to remember their last SB win in 95, while us Giants fans are fortunate to have witnessed our team win 2 SBs these last 5yrs.

    The 9ers were the team of the 80s & that is really their only dominant decade in their history.They were really good in the 90s & won it all in 95' , but the Cowboys stood in your way & proved to be the team of the 90s. I truly believe that if we can win another SB this yr or next, that we would be labeled the team of this decade.

    Also, the Cowboys took you guys out of more NFCCGs in the 90s. You won your only NFCCG match with them in 81. In 95 you did stop them from 3 peating, but they did stop you from going to the SBs in 93-94. And of course we stopped you guys from 3peating in 90!

    You guys had an incredible 17yr run from 1981 to 1998, where you guys had 2 HOF QBs in Montana/Young lead you to 5 SB titles & 10 NFCCG apps!

    I may be wrong, cuz I'm going from memory, but your 5 NFCCG losses where to the Skins,Us, GB & Dallas 2x.
    Seems about right, no need to fact check lol. You know the only reason we are here is because this is probably the toughest game of the year for us. The r***ing is all in good fun (too bad some cant take it). It is fun to see the G-Men and the 9ers back at the top again. All I can say is keep smacking the crap out of the aints and cowgirls and this NFC could look beautiful just like it did so many years ago.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I only count SB championships. Back in the 20s there were like 12 teams & the 2 teams with the 2 best records played each other to determine who is the best. That could be a 7-4 team vs an 8-3 team. Both our teams have been to 5 SBs , with the 9ers being a perfect 5-0 & us being a steller 4-1.Most 9ers fans in their 20s & younger are too young to remember their last SB win in 95, while us Giants fans are fortunate to have witnessed our team win 2 SBs these last 5yrs. The 9ers were the team of the 80s & that is really their only dominant decade in their history.They were really good in the 90s & won it all in 95' , but the Cowboys stood in your way & proved to be the team of the 90s. I truly believe that if we can win another SB this yr or next, that we would be labeled the team of this decade.Also, the Cowboys took you guys out of more NFCCGs in the 90s. You won your only NFCCG match with them in 81. In 95 you did stop them from 3 peating, but they did stop you from going to the SBs in 93-94. And of course we stopped you guys from 3peating in 90!You guys had an incredible 17yr run from 1981 to 1998, where you guys had 2 HOF QBs in Montana/Young lead you to 5 SB titles & 10 NFCCG apps!I may be wrong, cuz I'm going from memory, but your 5 NFCCG losses where to the Skins,Us, GB & Dallas 2x.
    Hate to tell you but your g-men SB run is over. Your g-men got the niners last year but that won't happen this year.

  5. #225
    Unfortunately, we haven't smacked the crap outta NO in quite some time. They have ripped us a new one the last 2 times we've played them. We've had more success vs Dallas these past 4-5 yrs. The Eagles for some unGodly reason seem to own us. Hopefully we can pay back NO when we play them later this yr & this time it will be at our house!

    I fondly remember the great Giants-9ers battles of the 80s & 90s. We'd take turns beating each other in the regular season meetings & then in the playoffs we'd take turns beating each other as well. The 2 most memorable for me being the 86' divisional rd where Jim Burt laid the wood on Montana & KOed him early in the game & we won going away 49-3 & then the great NFCCG battle where we again KOed Montana with the brutal Leonard Marshall hit! We stopped you guys from 3peating! You guys paid us back dearly in the 93' div rd 44-3 & that painful 02' WC game were we blew a 31-10 lead I believe & then the refs blew a PI call on our tackle eligible downfield that woulda given us a 1st & goal. on the botched FG attempt that would have won the game for us & we ended up losing 39-38! That hurt even worse than the 44-3 blowout.

    Then of course last yr's NFCCG titanic brawl in the mud/rain was another classic battle between our 2 teams. You know that except for 85' & 93' & 02', the winner of our playoff meetings has gone on to win the SB. you guys in 81;84, Us in 86', 90' & last yr.

    8 playoff meetings between the G-men & 9ers, we've won 4, you've won 4. Since 1981, I believe we've met in the playoffs more than any other 2 teams

  6. #226
    Hope no one is taking any of this personally. The past is the past, time to move forward. Come game day at 4:25 PM October 14, 2012, that's when the real thing begins. May the best team or better prepared team win. It's only Tuesday lol.
    Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 10-09-2012 at 10:34 PM.

  7. #227
    Veteran FIFTY6G-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ARMPIT OF U.S.
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by calininer4life View Post
    Hate to tell you but your g-men SB run is over. Your g-men got the niners last year but that won't happen this year.
    Yeah it ended earlier this year, Sunday, February 6, 2011 with a WIN to be exact.
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"


  8. #228
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Unfortunately, we haven't smacked the crap outta NO in quite some time. They have ripped us a new one the last 2 times we've played them. We've had more success vs Dallas these past 4-5 yrs. The Eagles for some unGodly reason seem to own us. Hopefully we can pay back NO when we play them later this yr & this time it will be at our house! I fondly remember the great Giants-9ers battles of the 80s & 90s. We'd take turns beating each other in the regular season meetings & then in the playoffs we'd take turns beating each other as well. The 2 most memorable for me being the 86' divisional rd where Jim Burt laid the wood on Montana & KOed him early in the game & we won going away 49-3 & then the great NFCCG battle where we again KOed Montana with the brutal Leonard Marshall hit! We stopped you guys from 3peating! You guys paid us back dearly in the 93' div rd 44-3 & that painful 02' WC game were we blew a 31-10 lead I believe & then the refs blew a PI call on our tackle eligible downfield that woulda given us a 1st & goal. on the botched FG attempt that would have won the game for us & we ended up losing 39-38! That hurt even worse than the 44-3 blowout.Then of course last yr's NFCCG titanic brawl in the mud/rain was another classic battle between our 2 teams. You know that except for 85' & 93' & 02', the winner of our playoff meetings has gone on to win the SB. you guys in 81;84, Us in 86', 90' & last yr.8 playoff meetings between the G-men & 9ers, we've won 4, you've won 4. Since 1981, I believe we've met in the playoffs more than any other 2 teams
    It's a great historical rivalry, no doubt about it. Win or lose for both teams, I think both teams have the talent to get to the playoffs. My prediction is this won't be the last time we see each other this season.Giedi

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I only count SB championships. Back in the 20s there were like 12 teams & the 2 teams with the 2 best records played each other to determine who is the best. That could be a 7-4 team vs an 8-3 team. Both our teams have been to 5 SBs , with the 9ers being a perfect 5-0 & us being a steller 4-1.
    In 1925, the Giants' first year, there were 20 teams in the NFL. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1925_NFL_season).

    From 1920-1932, the team with the best record won the title by standing. From 1933-1966, the two best teams in each division played in the championship game.

    But that was also how it was played in baseball 1903-1968. So do those World Series no longer count as well?

    The 49ers have been around since 1946, so don't cut them any Superbowl era slack.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-10-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

    "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,197
    They were great back in 1994..........the year he Cell phone was invented LOL

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts