+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers

I respect the g-mens' history but we got 5 of those. Please save that "we got 8 championships" noise. When they convert those other "championships" into SB wins I will respect that argument but until then SBs' are the standard. Speaking of SB wins, it only took us 40 years to do what it took your g-men a little over 60 years. It also took one decade to get it not spread over the four decades. I'm a 80's baby, I could less about the 70's and back. It maybe apart of niners history but it ain't my history. My history of the niners is we're one of the big dogs(outside the 10 years before last) & your g-men have may have been the 4th or 5th best team. To this day we still got one more than you. I'm think my niners can catch up in total "championships" before your g-men catch the niners with lombardi(I think) trophies. History is being written as we speak. At the end of the year we'll find out if your g-men will catch up to the niners with SB wins or the niners go up two again, then three & so on. Go niners!

Vikings 4-1 yet they're considered mediocre? For the record, the two crap teams we beat have at least 2 wins...Unlike the three crap teams you beat..2-12? WHOOOOA! Look out for the Giants! They BAAARELY beat the 1-4 Bucs and had to come from behind AT HOME to beat the Browns...WHOOA!

Quote Originally Posted by calininer4life View Post
    I respect the g-mens' history but we got 5 of those. Please save that "we got 8 championships" noise. When they convert those other "championships" into SB wins I will respect that argument but until then SBs' are the standard.
    Horse****. The teams played and won a championship.

Or if rule changes invalidate past championships, what about teams that won SBs during a 14 game season? Fewer rounds of playoffs? Pre-free agency? Before there were 32 teams?

We don't play this dumb game in any other sport. Which World Series don't count because of the DH rule or no wildcard until 1994? Which Stanley Cups don't count because of the icing rule? Which NBA titles don't count because of the 24 second shot clock or ABA merger?

SF didn't win anything 1946-1967 but they sure played.

Quote Originally Posted by calininer4life View Post
    Speaking of SB wins, it only took us 40 years to do what it took your g-men a little over 60 years. It also took one decade to get it not spread over the four decades. I'm a 80's baby, I could less about the 70's and back. It maybe apart of niners history but it ain't my history. My history of the niners is we're one of the big dogs(outside the 10 years before last) & your g-men have may have been the 4th or 5th best team. To this day we still got one more than you. I'm think my niners can catch up in total "championships" before your g-men catch the niners with lombardi(I think) trophies. History is being written as we speak. At the end of the year we'll find out if your g-men will catch up to the niners with SB wins or the niners go up two again, then three & so on. Go niners!
    Our history: competitive 9 out of 10 decades
    Your history: competitive 1.5 out of 8 decades

See, when I look at the 49ers I see a top notch organization under Bill Walsh and an incredible decade... And pretty much failure and obscurity the rest of the time. All your success came in one small burst and it was over a generation ago. Look at the ownership debacle you guys endured during the last decade and there's the instability I'm thinking of. And really you guys are delusional if you think you're going to pile up 4 more championships in 9 years, that never happens twice.

Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-10-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Horse****. The teams played and won a championship.

Or if rule changes invalidate past championships, what about teams that won SBs during a 14 game season? Fewer rounds of playoffs? Pre-free agency? Before there were 32 teams?

We don't play this dumb game in any other sport. Which World Series don't count because of the DH rule or no wildcard until 1994? Which Stanley Cups don't count because of the icing rule? Which NBA titles don't count because of the 24 second shot clock or ABA merger?

SF didn't win anything 1946-1967 but they sure played.

Our history: competitive 9 out of 10 decades
    Your history: competitive 1.5 out of 8 decades

The Giants had their 5th championship in 1986 when you were still on #2.
    Minus the 1990 Super Bowl, the Giants sucked for the entire decade. The 49ers had some decent teams in the 70s, they owned the 80s..I don't know where you get your 1.5 decades? Have you forgotten about the 90s 49ers?

49ers first season was in the late 40s...Lets count...half of 40s..50s..60s..70..80..90..00..that's 6 1/2 decades they played in the NFL not eight..
    Last edited by SF49erfan; 10-10-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Minus the 1990 Super Bowl, the Giants sucked for the entire decade.
    Made the playoffs in 1993, 1997, and a Super Bowl in 2000.

that's 6 1/2 decades they played in the NFL not eight..
    60's, 70's, 80's, et al.

Made the playoffs in 1993, 1997, and a Super Bowl in 2000.

60's, 70's, 80's, et al.
    Since when is 2000 part of the 90s decade?

Since when is 2000 part of the 90s decade?
    Close enough, you said they sucked the entire decade and obviously they didn't. And since you want to exclude 1990 let's make it an even 10 years.

Anyway, I came off like I'm disrespecting the 49ers, I don't, just making smack.

Close enough, you said they sucked the entire decade and obviously they didn't. And since you want to exclude 1990 let's make it an even 10 years.

Anyway, I came off like I'm disrespecting the 49ers, I don't, just making smack.
    I made a mistake. I meant to say the Giants sucked for most of the 90s...

Close enough, you said they sucked the entire decade and obviously they didn't. And since you want to exclude 1990 let's make it an even 10 years.Anyway, I came off like I'm disrespecting the 49ers, I don't, just making smack.
    "I came off like I'm disrespecting the 49ers", ya you did. You were $h!tting kinda hard.

lol Niner fans running deep in the smack section. I'm assuming most of you guys are from the Niners webzone site? As you can see, this is the official message board of the Giants so what I wanna know is why in the world is the official forum of your team so afraid of allowing opposing fans?

+ Reply to Thread