Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    No 49er fan has yet to tell me how they were the better team that day when:

1) They couldn't convert a single 3rd down ALL game till garbage time
    2) The Giants held their all their WR to less than 10 yards
    3) Both their touchdowns came from blown coverage
    4) Lost two fumbles
    5) THEY LOST!

So please, someone tell me how they were better that day?
    Not going to argue the fact that you guys won, fair and square. I could throw out a lot of facts, but at the end of the day, you won.

Now, are you going to win again this Sunday, and how about the fact you guys are down 0-2 in the NFC East....this early? That has to concern you.....
    "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

CDN_G-FAN
    All-Pro

I don't understand? The Giants were 87-78-1 in the 90s a .520 win pct...SB win, 2 time NFCE champ with 1 WC app. How is that considered 'sucking" in the 90s?

90' -13-3 SB champ
    91' 8-8 missed playoffs
    92' 6-10 missed playoffs
    93' 11-5 wild card
    94' 9-7 missed playoffs
    95' 5-11 missed playoffs
    96' 6-10 missed playoffs
    97' 10-5-1 NFCE Champs
    98' 8-8 missed playoffs
    99" 7-9 missed playoffs

I would say they were a mediocre team in the 90s, but didn't completely suck. 95-96 were their worst yrs in the 90s. 6 yrs of at least a 500 or better record...4 yrs under 500 football.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    So, you have family issues? We dont need your life story here. BTW send me your Megget jersey, I would love to add it to my collection.

If you need counselling before or after the game.....
    Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    Wow, I know a lot of people, you got me here. I do not know of ANYONE who has quick access to the suicide prevention line. You sound like you have that down pat....

Please be careful this Sunday. When you lose, remember it is just a game....
    "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

CDN_G-FAN
    All-Pro

"As successful as the Giants have been over the last 25 years, they've been very up and down,"
    LOL who hasnt

fact is we have been in 5 SBs in 25 yrs

no one else has

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    I don't understand? The Giants were 87-78-1 in the 90s a .520 win pct...SB win, 2 time NFCE champ with 1 WC app. How is that considered 'sucking" in the 90s?

90' -13-3 SB champ
    91' 8-8 missed playoffs
    92' 6-10 missed playoffs
    93' 11-5 wild card
    94' 9-7 missed playoffs
    95' 5-11 missed playoffs
    96' 6-10 missed playoffs
    97' 10-5-1 NFCE Champs
    98' 8-8 missed playoffs
    99" 7-9 missed playoffs

I would say they were a mediocre team in the 90s, but didn't completely suck. 95-96 were their worst yrs in the 90s. 6 yrs of at least a 500 or better record...4 yrs under 500 football.
    Thanks for pulling these numbers up. You just proved my point. They missed the playoffs 7 out of 10 seasons which is why I said they sucked for MOST of the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    "As successful as the Giants have been over the last 25 years, they've been very up and down,"LOL who hasntfact is we have been in 5 SBs in 25 yrs no one else has
    "fact is we have been in 5 SBs in 25 yrs". What's the point of this sentence? I think I missed it.

New england been to 7 in the last 25 years

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbeach49er View Post
    Agree, just keep this guy off the net:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX6jhLlB_Sw
    every fanbase has em, lol. Funny though not going to lie
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    I seem to remember the last regular season game was a 4th and 2 inside the 20 away from being tied with time running out. In two tries last year (at home, no less) you didn't exactly blow us away.
    and if I recall there was a non call on last play that should of gave us a first down. I think Cruz or Ballard was severely held.. Can't recall exact reason we were so mad at end of that game
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    I don't need stats to know the Giants sucked for most of the 90s and the Dave Brown area. I watched every Giants game with my brother and father. In fact, I used to feel sorry for the Giants and I was happy to see them make the 1997 playoffs. I owned a Dave Megget jersey. I have pictures to prove it ...All of a sudden I started getting teased for being a 49er fan. My entire family, cousins, uncles, brother/father would laugh in my face everytime the Niners lost in the postseason. That is why, to this day, I ***KING HATE THE GIANTS! ! ! ! !
    FYI, I never said the 49ers were good in the 2000s.
    Well if having a winning record and making the playoffs 3 times is "sucking" then I guess we have pretty high standards -- which we do. There are teams that would like to have a decade like that. The 2000-2010 49ers, for example.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-12-2012 at 07:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread