+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 314

Thread: 49ers

  1. #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    So 7.5?
    Yes, when this decade is complete it will be 7 1/2 full decades. According to njg85m the 49ers have played for eight decades in the league now.
    Last edited by SF49erfan; 10-12-2012 at 04:05 PM.

  2. #302
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Don't feel like going back then. What was the problem with that? lol

  3. #303
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Yes, when this decade is complete it will be 7 1/2 full decades. According to njg85m the 49ers have played for eight decades in the league now.
    I really shouldn't even bother responding because for whatever reason you just don't seem to understand but I will try to explain this to you one last time and make it easy.

    THEY HAVE PLAYED IN THE LEAGUE IN 8 DIFFERENT DECADES. YES OR NO?


    Did Jeff feagles play in the 80's? Yes
    Did Jeff feagles play in the 90's? Yes
    Did Jeff feagles play in the 00's? Yes
    Did Jeff feagles play in the 10's? Yes


    How many different decades is that? 2 according to you.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I really shouldn't even bother responding because for whatever reason you just don't seem to understand but I will try to explain this to you one last time and make it easy.

    THEY HAVE PLAYED IN THE LEAGUE IN 8 DIFFERENT DECADES. YES OR NO?


    Did Jeff feagles play in the 80's? Yes
    Did Jeff feagles play in the 90's? Yes
    Did Jeff feagles play in the 00's? Yes
    Did Jeff feagles play in the 10's? Yes


    How many different decades is that? 2 according to you.
    Let me make this easy for you. When evaluating a teams performance in a certain decade, which is what the OP was doing, you have to wait for the entire decade to complete before giving grading them on it. That's what we are doing. We are evaluating the 49ers performance for each decade. The 2010s aren't complete yet so you dont include the 10s. But to answer your question, yes the 49ers played IN eight decades, but not FOR eight decades. They played for 6 1/2 full decades plus two seasons.
    Last edited by SF49erfan; 10-12-2012 at 04:30 PM.

  5. #305
    I want to get back to the OPs comment. He said they were only good for 1.5 decades. That's not true either.

    40s - 38-14-2 record...Didn't suck
    50s - 63-54-2 record...Mediocre
    60s - 57-74-7 record...Sucked
    70s - 60-82-2 record...Mediocre/played in two Title games and one Divisional playoff.
    80s - Team of the 80s..Four SBs and Five Title games
    90s - Made playoffs 8 out of 10 seasons. Won 1 SB, played in 5 Title games. Def did not suck.
    00s - Sucked hairy monkey balls
    10s - INCOMPLETE!

    So the 49ers were competetive for 3.5 of their 6.5 decades.
    Last edited by SF49erfan; 10-12-2012 at 04:50 PM.

  6. #306
    glad to see you guys back in the mix........this is a ton of fun

    our traditonal rivals in the NFC East are tanking

  7. #307
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    for some reason we have been playing them almost every year since 2004 and routinely beating the stuffing out of them with plus 10 point victories only last year did they put up a fight
    It makes sense, the 49ers haven't been a good team since 2002. It was only last year they became good.

    Giedi

  8. #308
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    That sure means a lot coming from the fanbase that can't go 2 weeks without gang assaulting people wearing opposing teams jerseys and throwing beer and spitting on 6 year olds.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    lol Niner fans running deep in the smack section. I'm assuming most of you guys are from the Niners webzone site? As you can see, this is the official message board of the Giants so what I wanna know is why in the world is the official forum of your team so afraid of allowing opposing fans?
    Not so much afraid of opposing fans, but rather they want the smack talk minimized. There are a lot of kiddie fans on their boards and they want to make sure that the language is appropriate and so make a great effort to minimize the smack talk there. Here there isn't a problem. Same with the 49erWebzone, those are free for all boards where there is less restrictions. I think that's the gist of why they are more strict than other 49er boards. Giedi

  9. #309
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,323
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Im 21, I go around telling people I partied in my 20s...The 49ers sucked in the 10s man...They only made the playoffs once...That's how you sound.
    not sure if this was posted in this long thread or not. Honestly I didn't go through 8 pages of bickering. However for the benefit of you younger a niner fans I will repost what I put in another thread. A lot of niner get the feeling they have dominated us over the yrs. that's not the case. In fact neither team has dominated the other. Oh yes they have been a few blow outs, sure, but overall no.

    We're a lot of you posting in this thread around for those epic battles of the past or are u a newer fan?

    Anyway a little History about our two teams in case you didn't know. This is one is the closest battles of non Divisional teams. This is about as close to a rivalry as u can get though..

    In their History, The two teams have met 28 times during the regular season. Wanna guess who's ahead in the won/loss dept?The answer is NO ONE! It's deadlocked at 14-14

    How about playoff time. The two teams have met 8 times in the Postseason.... Yep you guessed it, deadlocked again at 4 apiece!!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  10. #310
    Congrats to you g-men fans. See yall in the playoffs, I hope

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts