+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 314

Thread: 49ers

  1. #211
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Just looking at the niner D and the way that offense is scoring points on and the game being in SF on paper it looks like an easy blowout win for SF. however you cant go by that because who would have ever expected the Vikings to beat you 24-13 in that dominating fashion???

    Any Niner Fans predicting a blow out are just blowing hot air. This will be a good game. Niners match up bettter and should win for many reasons, but this will be no blow out, and the Giants can easily win.

  2. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by 94niners View Post
    The Giants are the Super Bowl Champions. They are a great, well balanced team, and they earned their ring. No question. But you've got to be delusional if you don't think that Kyle Williams was the Giants MVP in the NFC Championship game.



    H
    ell, moments before the first of those plays, Giants fans on this board were lamenting about how the 49ers were flat out better, etc, etc, and then suddenly Williams drops a late game changing Christmas present... twice.
    The 2nd fumble was a strip, it's not like he just simply dropped it for an easy recovery - also your D was spectacular, however as I've said in another thread, they could have helped Williams out after the first fumble by not giving up a TD on 3rd and 15 w/the ball at your 20. It wasn't like it the Giants got the ball right at the goal line, it took a great play by Manning and Manningham to get that TD,otherwise they have a FG attempt and probably lose. Lastly, you guys act like the Giants played an immaculate, perfect game - remember that long TD pass from Smith to Davis for the 7-0 lead? He ran totally unchecked down the sidelines for a relatively easy pitch and catch opportunity, and resulted in a TD, and he was your only receiving threat! How do you let that happen? Should have been double covered to begin with. Even the 2nd TD to Davis had questionable coverage...See both teams had let downs, the Niners just had a few more...that's how most games in all of sports are decided...who screws up less.
    Last edited by GiantGremlin; 10-09-2012 at 04:36 PM.

  3. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    They already have 5
    In 1994, Google didn't exist, nobody knew who Monica Lewinsky was, people still used dial-up modems, AOL was the most popular ISP, gas was $1.09, OJ Simpson hadn't murdered his wife yet, satellite TV didn't exist, HDTV didn't exist, DVDs didn't exist, Java and Netscape Navigator were just released, Kurt Cobain killed himself, Forrest Gump was the #1 movie... 20 years ago dude

  4. #214
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    In 1994, Google didn't exist, nobody knew who Monica Lewinsky was, people still used dial-up modems, AOL was the most popular ISP, gas was $1.09, OJ Simpson hadn't murdered his wife yet, satellite TV didn't exist, HDTV didn't exist, DVDs didn't exist, Java and Netscape Navigator were just released, Kurt Cobain killed himself, Forrest Gump was the #1 movie... 20 years ago dude
    Wow, awesome research! Bet that took a lot of thought.

  5. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWilliams View Post
    But if you want to talk Championships then fine. Enjoy your 4 Super Bowl Championships. I remember when the 49ers only had 4 of them.
    Funny our first SB was our 5th championship. See my sig.

    You guys had an incredible 80s and got sloppy seconds in the 90s. The Giants have been playing in championship games in 9 of their 10 decades and have won 8 of them.

    I guess you guys need to be reminded your team dates back to 1946 and the failed AAFC and aside from the 80s and part of the 90s were the definition of garbage. Most of your fans probably don't even know that.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

    "You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

  6. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbeach49er View Post
    Wow, awesome research! Bet that took a lot of thought.
    Actually you're a year more out of date than the Cowboys so it was all right at hand.

  7. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Maybe they will meet in the playoffs and then I will say it would be a close game. This is one of those games you turn off after three quarters to watch the Yankees.
    I seem to remember the last regular season game was a 4th and 2 inside the 20 away from being tied with time running out. In two tries last year (at home, no less) you didn't exactly blow us away.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-09-2012 at 05:19 PM.

  8. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Al I gotta say is...we ain't the Jets or Bills! Blowouts over 2 teams with bad QBs is not a shock.
    So I guess we will go for a 3 peat of teams with bad QBs.

  9. #219
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Funny our first SB was our 5th championship. See my sig.

    You guys had an incredible 80s and got sloppy seconds in the 90s. The Giants have been playing in championship games in 9 of their 10 decades and have won 8 of them.

    I guess you guys need to be reminded your team dates back to 1946 and the failed AAFC and aside from the 80s and part of the 90s were the definition of garbage. Most of your fans probably don't even know that.
    Your arguement fails, when you are old as dirt you tend to be somewhere at least once. Dont hate cause the 9ers have been doing it as a "younger" team.

  10. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado49er View Post
    Your arguement fails, when you are old as dirt you tend to be somewhere at least once. Dont hate cause the 9ers have been doing it as a "younger" team.
    Way to miss the point -- that for most of their history they have been utterly pathetic. In the distant past and recent past too.

    You guys think you have some great legacy, and for one of your 8 decades you do.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-09-2012 at 05:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts