+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hope Bennett is ok.

I did the same thing to my left leg once. I planted it as I was place kicking in football practive just messing around. Well, since I'm not a kicker and shouldnt have been kicking, I hyperextended the crap out of my knee when I went to plant it. Hurt something wicked

It hurts like hell for about 20 min but its walkable and you can play through the pain (as Bennet has shown). In my case it didnt get any worse the next day, but I dont think it got any better either. He should be ok for the 49ers. Im sure of it.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Not sure why the coaching staff would keep him out there on a bad leg (knee) risking further injury knowing we are already paper thin at the recieving dept and with the niners on deck. If he misses any extended time due to this then it was really not smart on their behalf IMO
    maybe they know more about his injury then we do......ya think???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

They did all the tests/work for any ACL MCL PCL damage and I'm sure it all came up negative or he would NOT have been back in the game. Just a hyperextension...it hurts but its not the end of the world

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    Every one keeps thinking in terms of him as a receiving target. but MB was an absolute MONSTER in the run game today. our running game is looking better every week, or at least every 2 weeks, and he's one of the big reasons.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    NO WAY
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

SF is no joke. We need EVERYONE we can get for this one. IMO, SF is still the best team in the NFL and better then last year. We need to knock em down a peg.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Didnt they leave Steve Smith out there after his serious knee injury not knowing it?

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    Every one keeps thinking in terms of him as a receiving target.

but MB was an absolute MONSTER in the run game today.

our running game is looking better every week, or at least every 2 weeks, and he's one of the big reasons.

I don't know about everyone.

Clearly his primary benefit has been the running game; I love his run blocking. He might be the best run blocking TE the Giants have had in decades.

As far as being a receiver, he's getting there and hopefully he'll continue to improve although I'd be surprised if he has yet to make anyone forget Kevin Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Didnt they leave Steve Smith out there after his serious knee injury not knowing it?
    cant recall but I trust them to know when a player cant play or can play without further injury....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread