+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Next Week Will Be Hostile

Wow, just read through this thread at the Niners message board.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/ni...e-thread-week/

Wow, they are hostile. The Stick is going to be loud and incredibly hostile next week. We are going walking into EXTREMELY hostile, hateful, agressive territory. Any Giants fans going to this game, please be careful.

I know scheduling is predetermined but I'm still miffed that we have to go to the Stick yet again to face that team. 3 straight meetings at SF. They should be playing us at Giants Stadium this year. Oh well, we'll just have to take care of business on the road again.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    I know scheduling is predetermined but I'm still miffed that we have to go to the Stick yet again to face that team. 3 straight meetings at SF. They should be playing us at Giants Stadium this year. Oh well, we'll just have to take care of business on the road again.
    Same thing with the Saints... this season is the first time that Brees will have to come to Giants Stadium since being signed by NO...
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Same thing with the Saints... this season is the first time that Brees will have to come to Giants Stadium since being signed by NO...
    Wow didnt even know that, I just remember us getting beat down by Brees in just about every meeting. I would love it if we were able to thrash the Saints...but right now, I'm looking forward to facing the Niners. They're ridiculously good defensively but I feel like we can expose em.

Veteran
    They already came to metlife against the jets last week so I don't think the scheduling would make them come here again.

I'm seeing a trend in a lot of comment threads... the Niners' fan base of late have become almost as delusional as the Cowboys' fans. They still hold fast to the "Giants got lucky" mantra (and have since extended it to the vikings). I'll give them credit for being a good team (and one of the teams I predicted a loss to at the beginning of the season), but they seem to think that the Niners squad is essentially the all-pro squad...
    Andre the Giant

nah he was there when tiki played his last game there when reggie bush killed us, but this will be his 1st game @ metlife tho

I'm seeing a trend in a lot of comment threads... the Niners' fan base of late have become almost as delusional as the Cowboys' fans. They still hold fast to the "Giants got lucky" mantra (and have since extended it to the vikings). I'll give them credit for being a good team (and one of the teams I predicted a loss to at the beginning of the season), but they seem to think that the Niners squad is essentially the all-pro squad...
    Good for the Niners fanbase...they can talk about the Giants being 'lucky' until their faces turn blue, but at the end of the day the Giants still have their SB ring and they can stick to being sore losers.

I'll give them credit for being a good team (and one of the teams I predicted a loss to at the beginning of the season)
    I'll go even further and say they're a great team.

And they very well might win this game (perhaps even handily) but as I'm sure we've all seen and witnessed by now, when we bring our A-game, there's not a team we can't beat.

We tend to play to the level of our opponents, and despite me wishing this game was at our house, we do tend to play better on the road so hopefully we get the fearsome playoffs version of the Giants instead of the lackadaisical in-flux version of the Giants.

Starter
    I'll go even further and say they're a great team.

And they very well might win this game (perhaps even handily) but as I'm sure we've all seen and witnessed by now, when we bring our A-game, there's not a team we can't beat.

We tend to play to the level of our opponents, and despite me wishing this game was at our house, we do tend to play better on the road so hopefully we get the fearsome playoffs version of the Giants instead of the lackadaisical in-flux version of the Giants.

I agree, I made a post earlier today about the Niners, such a well balanced team. It we don't play up to them, up to our capability, they will smoke us.
    I recently watched E60: The Good Life, Patrick Willis, definitely recommend checking it out- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvZqyoWcGrc
    Just over 12 minutes long, amazing story, I have tons of respect for him and he's such a grounded person for what he went through growing up.