+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 152

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Next Week Will Be Hostile

    Wow, just read through this thread at the Niners message board.

    http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/ni...e-thread-week/

    Wow, they are hostile. The Stick is going to be loud and incredibly hostile next week. We are going walking into EXTREMELY hostile, hateful, agressive territory. Any Giants fans going to this game, please be careful.

  2. #2
    I know scheduling is predetermined but I'm still miffed that we have to go to the Stick yet again to face that team. 3 straight meetings at SF. They should be playing us at Giants Stadium this year. Oh well, we'll just have to take care of business on the road again.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    I know scheduling is predetermined but I'm still miffed that we have to go to the Stick yet again to face that team. 3 straight meetings at SF. They should be playing us at Giants Stadium this year. Oh well, we'll just have to take care of business on the road again.
    Same thing with the Saints... this season is the first time that Brees will have to come to Giants Stadium since being signed by NO...


    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Same thing with the Saints... this season is the first time that Brees will have to come to Giants Stadium since being signed by NO...
    Wow didnt even know that, I just remember us getting beat down by Brees in just about every meeting. I would love it if we were able to thrash the Saints...but right now, I'm looking forward to facing the Niners. They're ridiculously good defensively but I feel like we can expose em.

  5. #5
    Starter Rod-Diggity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Same thing with the Saints... this season is the first time that Brees will have to come to Giants Stadium since being signed by NO...
    nah he was there when tiki played his last game there when reggie bush killed us, but this will be his 1st game @ metlife tho

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,325
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    I know scheduling is predetermined but I'm still miffed that we have to go to the Stick yet again to face that team. 3 straight meetings at SF. They should be playing us at Giants Stadium this year. Oh well, we'll just have to take care of business on the road again.
    They already came to metlife against the jets last week so I don't think the scheduling would make them come here again.

  7. #7
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,411
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    I know scheduling is predetermined but I'm still miffed that we have to go to the Stick yet again to face that team. 3 straight meetings at SF. They should be playing us at Giants Stadium this year. Oh well, we'll just have to take care of business on the road again.
    Look at it this way, we have plenty of experience there.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    I know scheduling is predetermined but I'm still miffed that we have to go to the Stick yet again to face that team. 3 straight meetings at SF. They should be playing us at Giants Stadium this year. Oh well, we'll just have to take care of business on the road again.
    well throw out the NFCCG as that is determined by record.

    The other two ways you play a team is every 4 years on the rotation.. Example yr 1 nfcn, yr 2 nfcw, yr 3 nfcs, yr 4 starts over and flip flops. If you had the home game then the next time you play away. Last year we played the NFCW and it was our turn to be on the Road as we played them Home 4 yrs ago.

    The second way is playing a team based on where you both finished in your respective divisions. Last year the giants and niners both finished in first place so they play again the following yr (2012). This is also on a rotating cycle meaning the last time we played them due divison placement we had the home.

    So therefore 3 away games in a row. We beat them 33-15 at home in 07. Therefore we played them at SF in 11 due to the divisonal rotation. in 08 we played them again at Home due to divison placement and beat them 29-17. therefore we have to play them at SF this time.

    Same type deal happened with Saints,GB, Carolina and Vikes for awhile
    Last edited by miked1958; 10-09-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    well throw out the NFCCG as that is determined by record.

    The other two ways you play a team is every 4 years on the rotation.. Example yr 1 nfcn, yr 2 nfcw, yr 3 nfcs, yr 4 starts over and flip flops. If you had the home game then the next time you play away. Last year we played the NFCW and it was our turn to be on the Road as we played them Home 4 yrs ago.

    The second way is playing a team based on where you both finished in your respective divisions. Last year the giants and niners both finished in first place so they play again the following yr (2012). This is also on a rotating cycle meaning the last time we played them due divison placement we had the home.

    So therefore 3 away games in a row. Same type deal happened with Saints, Carolina and Vikes for awhile
    It's also the reason why we always seem to host the packers (in the regular season)... Personally I would have had it the other way (host the 49ers and go on the road to Lambeau), but unlike the NFL I don't want to screw over the Giants...


    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It's also the reason why we always seem to host the packers (in the regular season)... Personally I would have had it the other way (host the 49ers and go on the road to Lambeau), but unlike the NFL I don't want to screw over the Giants...
    is this the 3rd yr in a row playing them in reg season? 2010 they blew us out to make the playoffs. That was the week after the Philly collapse. Last year we was the game we got screwed over and over and now this yr. we also played them in 07 in regular season and playoffs. So I guess 07/11 ( and 11 playoffs) our the once every 4 years and the 10/12 are the division placement ones
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts