+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Week Will Be Hostile

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH sounds scary to me like Haloween. How about we focus on the game?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Montana View Post

Holy ****!!! Eli's head is in that helmet.

I can see it now:

"We have two fouls on the play. Number 94, decapitating the passer. That penalty is declined. Unsportsmanlike conduct, number 94, dunking the severed head over the cross bar, 15 yard penalty, automatic.....first down!"

I can see it now:

"We have two fouls on the play. Number 94, decapitating the passer. That penalty is declined. Unsportsmanlike conduct, number 94, dunking the severed head over the cross bar, 15 yard penalty, automatic.....first down!"
    See what I mean Sharik88 classless it is not just a couple and plus I went to the game out at Candlestick last year during the regular season and they were some of the most vile fans I have ever come across.

Bench Player
    Ah, I can see you've never been to a Raiders game.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantWarfare View Post
    I know scheduling is predetermined but I'm still miffed that we have to go to the Stick yet again to face that team. 3 straight meetings at SF. They should be playing us at Giants Stadium this year. Oh well, we'll just have to take care of business on the road again.
    well throw out the NFCCG as that is determined by record.

The other two ways you play a team is every 4 years on the rotation.. Example yr 1 nfcn, yr 2 nfcw, yr 3 nfcs, yr 4 starts over and flip flops. If you had the home game then the next time you play away. Last year we played the NFCW and it was our turn to be on the Road as we played them Home 4 yrs ago.

The second way is playing a team based on where you both finished in your respective divisions. Last year the giants and niners both finished in first place so they play again the following yr (2012). This is also on a rotating cycle meaning the last time we played them due divison placement we had the home.

So therefore 3 away games in a row. We beat them 33-15 at home in 07. Therefore we played them at SF in 11 due to the divisonal rotation. in 08 we played them again at Home due to divison placement and beat them 29-17. therefore we have to play them at SF this time.

Same type deal happened with Saints,GB, Carolina and Vikes for awhile
    Last edited by miked1958; 10-09-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I can see it now:

I like how this guy captioned his own trash talk pic...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    well throw out the NFCCG as that is determined by record.

The other two ways you play a team is every 4 years on the rotation.. Example yr 1 nfcn, yr 2 nfcw, yr 3 nfcs, yr 4 starts over and flip flops. If you had the home game then the next time you play away. Last year we played the NFCW and it was our turn to be on the Road as we played them Home 4 yrs ago.

The second way is playing a team based on where you both finished in your respective divisions. Last year the giants and niners both finished in first place so they play again the following yr (2012). This is also on a rotating cycle meaning the last time we played them due divison placement we had the home.

So therefore 3 away games in a row. Same type deal happened with Saints, Carolina and Vikes for awhile
    It's also the reason why we always seem to host the packers (in the regular season)... Personally I would have had it the other way (host the 49ers and go on the road to Lambeau), but unlike the NFL I don't want to screw over the Giants...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It's also the reason why we always seem to host the packers (in the regular season)... Personally I would have had it the other way (host the 49ers and go on the road to Lambeau), but unlike the NFL I don't want to screw over the Giants...
    is this the 3rd yr in a row playing them in reg season? 2010 they blew us out to make the playoffs. That was the week after the Philly collapse. Last year we was the game we got screwed over and over and now this yr. we also played them in 07 in regular season and playoffs. So I guess 07/11 ( and 11 playoffs) our the once every 4 years and the 10/12 are the division placement ones

4-New York Giants!!!!!

So counting playoffs we've played them 07 twice, 10 once, 11 twice and 12 once that's scheduled and playoffs to be determined. S that will be 6 times in 6 seasons up to this yrs regular season game with the potential to make it 7 in 6 seasons.. Maybe rogers12 is right. It's becoming a rivalry... Lol. It's also possible will play em again next season

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'm seeing a trend in a lot of comment threads... the Niners' fan base of late have become almost as delusional as the Cowboys' fans. They still hold fast to the "Giants got lucky" mantra (and have since extended it to the vikings). I'll give them credit for being a good team (and one of the teams I predicted a loss to at the beginning of the season), but they seem to think that the Niners squad is essentially the all-pro squad...
    They are like that but didn't say schit when they loss to the Vikings. The 49ers are a good team but as far as unbeatable. Heck no. If Nicks play Sunday, I think the Giants have a shot. The 49ers secondary is still suspect. Plus, the oline don't do well against teams with good pass rushers. Also, Smith middle finger is a concern especially on his throwing hand.

+ Reply to Thread