+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Seriously their fans are trash... I just read several of their posts and a lot of them were saying anyone in a blue shirt is going to receive punishment and that they might get sent to jail. What a bunch of classless pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by #1_49ers_fan View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. And double thanks for the 2 great players we got from you guys! They (when BJ comes back) are helping our team tremendously. Yeah I am not going to pull the "got lucky" crap. Our team made some collosal mistakes, didn't play at their best, etc. which is what lost us that game. If we would have done it all right then we would have won. We didn't and lost, simple as that. It's going to be a great game!
    It's all I can really say... Manningham actually makes sense for you guys to pick up because he never understood the read option routes the Giants like to use. Just a case of fitting the system. In the 90s, the 49ers were my 2nd favorite team in the NFL (especially after they broke up the Cowboys 3-peat...), so it would be hard to trash talk a good team now, if only the majority of SF fans were more like you than the ones in the thread the OP linked...

Personally, the only real disagreement I have with you is that I believe the Giants have just as much natural talent as the 49ers... it all comes down to who shows up to the game, for both teams. The NFCCG is the classic example of the ultimate stalemate; It all came down to who made the mistakes in the end. The Giants made a big one letting Vernon score that long TD early, and the Kyle Williams kneeshot evened things up, sending the game into overtime. (I do remember that the next punt, Williams had a nice 40 yard return.) Both games last year were hard fought and down to the wire, ending on a costly mistake (during the regular season, Eli threw a pick in the end zone while down 7 at the end)

Quote Originally Posted by danielboone View Post
    Giants fans going to the game should care. There have already been instances of serious bodily injury to NFL fans at other games and SF fans are some of the worst offenders. Didn't you hear about the Bears fan that was killed just this Sunday?
    That falls under the "whatever" category to me. Not really concerned, it is just hype and the fantasy of only the worst 9er fans.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Giants fans going to the game should care. There have already been instances of serious bodily injury to NFL fans at other games and SF fans are some of the worst offenders. Didn't you hear about the Bears fan that was killed just this Sunday?
    Just to point it out so it's not pinned to S.F., this happened in Florida.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1177606

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It's all I can really say... Manningham actually makes sense for you guys to pick up because he never understood the read option routes the Giants like to use. Just a case of fitting the system. In the 90s, the 49ers were my 2nd favorite team in the NFL (especially after they broke up the Cowboys 3-peat...), so it would be hard to trash talk a good team now, if only the majority of SF fans were more like you than the ones in the thread the OP linked...

Personally, the only real disagreement I have with you is that I believe the Giants have just as much natural talent as the 49ers... it all comes down to who shows up to the game, for both teams. The NFCCG is the classic example of the ultimate stalemate; It all came down to who made the mistakes in the end. The Giants made a big one letting Vernon score that long TD early, and the Kyle Williams kneeshot evened things up, sending the game into overtime. (I do remember that the next punt, Williams had a nice 40 yard return.) Both games last year were hard fought and down to the wire, ending on a costly mistake (during the regular season, Eli threw a pick in the end zone while down 7 at the end)
    Sure is nice to talk to someone that knows what they are talking about. I never said the Giants don't have any talent on their team. There is a ton of it on your team. Hell, we gained a little of your talent on our team. You nailed the head on the games we faced each other in last year so I will not rehash them. It's gonna be awesome this Sunday!!! GO 9ERS!!!

Bench Player
    Just as an FYI for Giants fans who are buying in to this:Since the beating and resulting coma/permanent brain damage of Bay Area SF Giants fan Bryan Stow at a Dodgers game last year, all SF teams have taken fan security VERY seriously. The Niners organization has an anonymous text reporting system inside the stadium where anyone can text to a number with the complaint and security comes right away. Also, the Niners and SF police have joined together to have plains clothes police officers wearing opposing jerseys before/during/after the game in the stadium and in the parking lot. Anyone heckling in offensive manner or being abusive is tossed from the lot/game. Just thought you should know.

Just to point it out so it's not pinned to S.F., this happened in Florida.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1177606
    That's horrible. What is wrong with people?!?!?

Sure is nice to talk to someone that knows what they are talking about. I never said the Giants don't have any talent on their team. There is a ton of it on your team. Hell, we gained a little of your talent on our team. You nailed the head on the games we faced each other in last year so I will not rehash them. It's gonna be awesome this Sunday!!! GO 9ERS!!!
    You personally didn't, and that's why I can respect your opinion on where the teams are at now (and largely, I would agree). I just don't understand the notion some other fans have that the Giants "got lucky" (implying they're an outright inferior team) when in reality the high talent level of BOTH teams amplified the magnitude of effect any mistakes by either team would have on the game.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 10-08-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    That's horrible. What is wrong with people?!?!?
    And the weird thing is, it was a JAX fan... I didn't realize they HAD die-hard fans... I think this had to be more an intoxication issue than a fandom issue since the Jaguars and Bears don't have any rivalry going of any sort. Still a major tragedy though, and my thoughts and prayers are with the family of that Bears fan...

Quote Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
    Their fans are way too overconfident after beating up on two horrible teams.
    Because the Browns and Panthers combined 1 win qualifies them as real contenders...