+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    yep and we've won quite a few SBs because of defense. What's your point? You had one of the best defenses last season. What happened? Couldn't win in your own stadium with that defense? What happened in 90 when you were going for the 3 peat at candlestick. Pretty darn good D that year to. What happened?
    Sometimes luck is just against you. Not this season. I can feel it.

Can this game get here already! Even with the crazy amount of work I've done this week, this week is taking forever. I need me a rematch of the NFL Championship game NOW!!!

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Montana View Post
    Defense wins championships.
    Well its obvious its not Special Teams

Quote Originally Posted by NYFG View Post
    Obviously, Special Teams cost the 49rs a championship
    There, I fixed it for you.

27-13 Niners. Sorry, but there is no way you are coming into the Stick and beating the 2013 Niners. Aint gonna happen.
    We can try, we have Superman ! He always shows up in the 4th Quarter wth about 3 minutes left in the game, you may not want to look..........unless you have Kryptonite.........then we have to use Tynes ! You remember him !

27-13 Niners. Sorry, but there is no way you are coming into the Stick and beating the 2013 Niners. Aint gonna happen.
    Yeah, you may beat us during the regular game just like you did last year, but we will beat you again when the chips are down and it really counts. Just ask the Packers and the 2011 niners. By the way, we will beat the 2012 niners too if they make it to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Yeah, you may beat us during the regular game just like you did last year, but we will beat you again when the chips are down and it really counts. Just ask the Packers and the 2011 niners. By the way, we will beat the 2012 niners too if they make it to the playoffs.
    also ask the 2007 Cowboys, Packers and Patriots!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Sometimes luck is just against you. Not this season. I can feel it.
    hey Joe. I see u have been a member awhile. We're you around for those epic battles of the past or are u a newer fan?

Anyway a little History about our two teams in case you didn't know. This is one is the closest battles of non Divisional teams. This is about as close to a rivalry as u can get though..

In their History, The two teams have met 28 times during the regular season. Wanna guess who's ahead in the won/loss dept?

The answer is NO ONE! It's deadlocked at 14-14

How about playoff time. The two teams have met 8 times in the Postseason.... Yep you guessed it, deadlocked again at 4 apiece!!

So that's 36 meetings overall and still nothing settled with a 16-16 mark.
    Last edited by miked1958; 10-13-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I bet you've said that a few times before and went home disappointed. Are you not learning?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsforce View Post
    Well said, and shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    May the Force be with the "NY GIANTS"