+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Props to Hixon

Hixon is another example of our brain trust being able to evaluate talent and being willing to stick with guys who they know can perform when health and opportunity come together. How many clubs would have stuck with DH through the injuries? Maybe they all would have, but I like to think that the Giants are special - top to bottom.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    I would assume most of the time Nicks and Hixon would be on the outside because they are faster and Cruz in the slot with his amazing catch and run abilities. No doubt all three on the field at the same time would be crazy!
    Is hixon faster than cruz? Don't think it is a huge amount, but I haven't really seen enough
    of hixon recently to say. Hixon is starting to remind me of smith in his route running,
    hence why I thought of him for the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Very true. I'd love to see them try this alignment a few times a game. You must anticipate Eli may take a hit but put Wilson or Bennett in the backfield to help chip the rush and bam that's just enough time for Eli to hit something big.
    Yup would be nice to see that many playmakers on the field!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    Or have D. Wilson in at RB and have him roll out into the flats because you know there'd be room with all 4 of those guys running routes. Lots of room for Wilson to make guys miss and turn on his after burners!
    Not sure our O-line is up to that yet.
    Maybe they will gell.

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Is hixon faster than cruz? Don't think it is a huge amount, but I haven't really seen enough
    of hixon recently to say. Hixon is starting to remind me of smith in his route running,
    hence why I thought of him for the slot.
    If I remember correctly, Hixon was almost known as the deep threat with the speed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Not sure our O-line is up to that yet.
    Maybe they will gell.
    That's why you keep Wilson/Bradshaw, or if they go no RB's, Bennett in the backfield pre-snap to help chip the rush to give Eli just enough time to make a play. Bennett in the backfield and 4 wides would be probably out of the shotgun while Bradshaw/Wilson could even be run with Eli behind center.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Bench Player
    All I know is Hixon does not surprise me at all. I love our WR core and if Nicks can actually stay on the field....Nicks, Hixon, and Cruz.....man sounds good on paper and so far Hixon and Cruz look great on the field.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    That's why you keep Wilson/Bradshaw, or if they go no RB's, Bennett in the backfield pre-snap to help chip the rush to give Eli just enough time to make a play. Bennett in the backfield and 4 wides would be probably out of the shotgun while Bradshaw/Wilson could even be run with Eli behind center.
    Even then. Probably going to have to keep Bennett and bradshaw in against the niners,
    unless we want Eli running for his life the whole game again.

I could see it on a lesser D though.

+ Reply to Thread