+ Reply to Thread

Private meeting with Eli Manning helped Rueben Randle get on right track

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5299

Excerpt: "The question last week about his work ethic seemed to catch rookie second-round draft pick Rueben Randle by surprise. But rather than show any anger about it, he did what any mature NFL player would do.

He kept his mouth shut, went to work with his quarterback, and proved his critics wrong.

For those who might have missed it, a mini firestorm began to surround Randle last week when during the Sunday night football broadcast of the Giants-Eagles game, NBC commentator Cris Collingsworth mentioned that there was a concern inside the Giants’ organization about Randle’s work ethic.

That concern, as it turned out, was not about how hard the rookie out of LSU worked, but rather, how efficiently he went about his business. Moreover, it was a concern that apparently flipped a switch on inside of Randle’s head as he finished as the Giants’ leading receiver with 82 yards on six catches, including a long of 36 yards." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Glad he stepped up this week. I can see this kid being a solid possesion receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/5299

Excerpt: "The question last week about his work ethic seemed to catch rookie second-round draft pick Rueben Randle by surprise. But rather than show any anger about it, he did what any mature NFL player would do.

He kept his mouth shut, went to work with his quarterback, and proved his critics wrong.

For those who might have missed it, a mini firestorm began to surround Randle last week when during the Sunday night football broadcast of the Giants-Eagles game, NBC commentator Cris Collingsworth mentioned that there was a concern inside the Giants’ organization about Randle’s work ethic.

That concern, as it turned out, was not about how hard the rookie out of LSU worked, but rather, how efficiently he went about his business. Moreover, it was a concern that apparently flipped a switch on inside of Randle’s head as he finished as the Giants’ leading receiver with 82 yards on six catches, including a long of 36 yards." Read more...
    I just love Eli's quiet leadership style. Unlike some who put everything on public display, he quietly goes about the business at hand and does what it is necessary for the team. It is no wonder, why no matter who is playing WR from one week to the next becomes so successful. Let's face it, Randle, Hixon, Barden are not exactly marquee receivers, and neither was Mario, but they become such because of Eli.

Randle looked good with his 82 yards and he could have had more but he had a drop that he had right in his pocket.

Good performance by Randle and I love the way Eli works with the receivers on getting them on track. I can see Bennett stepping up more with the way Eli has been.

He had a solid game lets hope he can continue to improve!

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Exciting to see the kid make the big step. Just another reason why Eli is one of, if not the best QB in the league. Not the fastest. Not the biggest. Not the strongest arm. He IS the smartest. He sees the game so much better than most. Then he goes out and teaches is guys how to do it. We are lucky to see greatness like his.

I like how the author called him 'Collingsworth' numerous times.....
    Let's get one for the thumb...

Meanwhile in SD, Phillip rivers is *****ing at his coach for attempting a FG on national TV. I love our QB.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-08-2012 at 02:39 PM.