+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JPP was not worthy a first round pick

Quote Originally Posted by qndarius3 View Post
    in the words of Keyshawn "CMON MAN"!

But for real, it is more of a reflection of osi/tuck/kiwi. JPP is seeing a lot of attention from opposing offenses and lots of double teams. He is still blocking down passes and getting in on running plays. He is an absolute monster, and is more or less unblockable 1-1. He just doesnt get 1-1 very often HA! Thomas is also a great player.

the other 3 ends need to step it up bigtime. Either way, a big win against a team we couldnt afford a letdown against.

Go Big Blue.

I can agree with this. JPP's our only DE who's doing anything this year. but man, Osi and Tuck have sucked. This is probably our biggest problem going forwards, hopefully when Canty comes back, things improve, which they should.

bunch 'o shock friggin jocks on here

we dont win SB 46 without him ... and ask a team like the Eagles how many 1st round picks they would give up for 1 Lombardi trophy ... im guessing between 5 and 10
    Apologize to Melo 5

Maybe Prince needs to throw him into a cold tub to wake him up

Because our defensive line depends on one player only - JPP.

For anyone thinking that JPP has been off his game, e seems to be attacking his man pretty well. It's the rest of the defensive-line that's been awful.

It doesn't take one guy for the defensive-line to be good. When you're rushing one side and getting no help anywhere else(no distribution), JPP will seem like a slacker.
    Last edited by Moke; 10-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    I can agree with this. JPP's our only DE who's doing anything this year. but man, Osi and Tuck have sucked. This is probably our biggest problem going forwards, hopefully when Canty comes back, things improve, which they should.
    Fair, but I'd spare Tuck from some criticism in comparison to Osi.
    I still think Tuck is trying to get some of the "dirty jobs" done (in terms of contain etc.) but Osi strikes me as only being interested in the Hollywood plays that gets him numbers and kudos.
    It's a team game and JPP and Tuck are team players, but the point about getting an effective pass rush is valid, especially with the beat up secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post

Have any of you bashing JPP watched the games? He seems to be attacking his man pretty well. It's the rest of the defensive-line that's been awful.

It doesn't take one guy for the defensive-line to be good. When you're rushing one side and getting no help anywhere else(no distribution), JPP will seem like a slacker.
    I must have missed something...I did not see one person in this thread bash JPP...not sure what you mean
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I must have missed something...I did not see one person in this thread bash JPP...not sure what you mean
    Edited. It was meant for the sole purpose of people BELIEVING that something might be wrong with JPP.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post

Have any of you bashing JPP watched the games? He seems to be attacking his man pretty well. It's the rest of the defensive-line that's been awful.

It's a group effort with the rest of the group not holding up their end of the deal in some cases.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    That's right, because great players make everyone around them better and clearly the guys around him aren't better!

this was a sarcastic thread title, JPP's still a beast.

+ Reply to Thread